Transferring an Image from Paper to Wood

That's very cool! I'd been wondering how to get an image onto wood, other than drawing it on by hand or stenciling. And I always have parchement paper on hand because I use it when I am baking bread. It's the solution to all my sticking problems.

Last edited:
I can see where this would work for leather crafting. When you do tooling on the leather the first thing needed is to transfer the image to be tooled onto the leather then you tool of carve away what needed to make the image part of the leather. I was taught to get the image onto the transfer plastic by tracing it then using a round tipped tool make an impression on the leather by tracing over the image. this would simplify the whole process. I been thinking about posting a few tutorial on leather crafting (I have been doing leather crafting since I had to quit working with wood). hmmm look for an up coming post.

This tip seems to be of better value than I thought when I first read it. The next day I went to Hobby Lobby to see what the had in the way of transfer papers. Woodya belive it ......they don't carry any. This tip might turn out to be a necessity in your shop. Good post. Sticky maybe?