A Couple of Glenn’s Friends Came Out of the Closet

A bit of background: Occasionally Myrna and I would change the artwork and decorator items in the house. Paintings and other artworks of that type are kept in appropriate boxes. The smaller decorator items are stored in a closet.

I was going through the closet separating out items to go to the kids and friends so someone else would not have to do it when I kick off (hopefully, at least 50 years from now). When I took out a couple dragons that Glenn made when he was in high school, I thought I would share with the family. The larger dragon is 12” tall.

Enjoy them,
JimB

The part dad left out was that the body lifts off of the feet so that an incense cone can go inside. The smoke from the incense comes out of the dragon's nose and return air gets sucked in the arm holes. Ah, the days of long hair and bell bottom blues. We all took a stab at drawing, painting, leather work, ceramics. jewelry making and so forth.

[here's one of mom's beach shore pieces that hangs in my house]

Mom-beach-7.jpg

I took to music for many years and majored in it in college. There must be something in that "nut falls not to far from the tree" bit. My youngest seems to have gotten the lion's share of the musical skills when it comes to my kids. My daughter sings, my older boy plays a bit of music but, primarily draws and is a computer science major. The youngest plays drums, bass, keyboards, guitar, trumpet and is majoring in some sort of 'digital signal processing' field which is what we used to call mixing music in the studio (but his version on steroids).

Last edited:
What would life be like without the Bradleys humor. Thanks guys.

Jim i see a certain star wars influence in those sculptures. I think they look really cool. Definitely did not think they were high school material. They surely must be handed down.
Glenn u talented indvidual. Must be the California water.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeah Dave, there are a bazillion good memories out there. I'm sure the kids have some good ones also---you know, like "Now I'm glad I didn't beat dad over the head with a brick that night." All of the knick-knacks, all of the art work, all of the photos, etc., etc., have one or more memories attached. Then there are all of the little vignettes that pop into mind from the film of life. I'll shut up now. You really turned on my good and humorus valves.

Vaughn, If Glenn got his good looks from me, he is in more trouble than I thought. I mean, they might throw him in jail or someplace for impersonating a screw-ball or something.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited: