Thread: Combo in Chicago

Combo in Chicago

I don't watch Craig's List a lot but this one sort of stood out for somebody who is willing/able in driving distance of Chicago.

Robland NX31 for 4500 - pretty much half price from new.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tls/313699074.html

I wish, I wish, I wish. Good luck getting that one in the basement! This falls just outside of the LOML would never notice category.

Hmmmm....we are going that way in June. Taking my wife's Ford Focus station wagon. Let's see...1300 pounds in back.
    Actually, it looks like a neat machine. Makes me wonder how folks learn about things like this without a forum like FW. I never heard of the brand. Totaled up, at this offering price, looks like very practical thing to purchase. But the full, near nine grand is pricey. BTW, I count five 3 hp. functions. Wonder if that is one motor or one for each function.
    Last edited by Frank Fusco; 04-19-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Wonder if that is one motor or one for each function.

I have this ones little brother, the X-31. Mine are 3 HP motors [3], with the differences being my slider is smaller and my saw is only 10". Jointer/planer is 12" on mine also.

As for the motors, one powers the shaper, one powers the saw and one powers the jointer/planer and mortiser.

It is a great machine for a small shop. The footprint on mine is only slightly bigger than a normal cabinet saw. I work out of my garage which houses our vehicles when I'm not making sawdust, so space is and was a problem before I got the X-31. I had a separate table saw, jointer and planer before and it was really a hassle just getting the tools set up to work. Now I just start working.

By the way, it takes about 2 minutes to switch from jointer to planer. Jointer/planer to saw is about the same time. Haven't used the shaper or the mortiser yet. Those will take a little more time to set up, mostly for the fences and safety stuff involved.

That is a great price on that unit. If I didn't already have mine, I'd be checking it out real close.

Karl