Look what I got in the mail...

Josh Wolff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412468704.974042.jpg

Mr. Jim Bradley was kind enough to turn this mallet and send it to me. I love it! It is hard maple rubbed with linseed oil.

I gather this was his way of welcoming me to this forum. I was very moved that he offered to send me this mallet at no charge even though I asked him more than once to at least let me pay the shipping.

Mr. Bradley may have preferred I thank him privately, and if so I apologize, but I just had to let everyone know how impressed I was with this. Now I feel bad that I don't have more to offer this fine group, but hopefully that will change as I gain more knowledge and experience.

Thanks Jim. :)

Josh,
This kind of stuff just happens here at FWW. Don't let it scare you away. We try and keep Jim under control, but sometimes he just can't contain his generous spirit. It's kinda cool, isn't it:D

Nice mallet Josh and well done Jim both on the turning and the gift.
I second what Ted has said Josh, i personally have been on the receiving end so many times i lost count and Jim, that apron gets used my friend.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Well done, Jim. :thumb: And Josh, as has been said, that kind of thing just seems to happen around here from time to time. No need to feel like you need to reciprocate. But one of these days you'll see a chance to pay it forward, and you likely will. ;)