Thread: George Foreman type grill and bacon

just south of the LA/MS border off of I-55

George Foreman type grill and bacon

This may be old news, I don't read the cooking forum much, I have been having a cooking problem this summer anyway. I usually lose ten pounds over the summer, this summer I gained ten! Found a great meat market.

Anyway, the George Foreman type grill has heating elements top and bottom very near the bacon plus the grease drains constantly. Result is perfect bacon without being smashed flat and thin like using a press. The only thing better particularly for thick sliced bacon is a wood or charcoal fire. Cutting down a little hickory about forty feet tall in the next week or so. Lightning or something got it over the summer. I hate losing the tree but it would be silly to lose the wood too. Barbecue times coming!

Oh, and Larry if you see this, had a big bowl of the sister-in-law's gumbo today, goooood groceries on a cool day! You shoulda been here.

Hu

Quote Originally Posted by hu lowery View Post
    This may be old news, I don't read the cooking forum much, I have been having a cooking problem this summer anyway. I usually lose ten pounds over the summer, this summer I gained ten! Found a great meat market.

Anyway, the George Foreman type grill has heating elements top and bottom very near the bacon plus the grease drains constantly. Result is perfect bacon without being smashed flat and thin like using a press. The only thing better particularly for thick sliced bacon is a wood or charcoal fire. Cutting down a little hickory about forty feet tall in the next week or so. Lightning or something got it over the summer. I hate losing the tree but it would be silly to lose the wood too. Barbecue times coming!

Oh, and Larry if you see this, had a big bowl of the sister-in-law's gumbo today, goooood groceries on a cool day! You shoulda been here.

Hu
    boy that does sound good hu,, and i like crispy ripply bacon as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!