My Shop Build

Leo Voisine

I'm Jealous so.....

I built my shop starting in 2002 - so it's been a while.

The back deck and stairs is still not finished and I decked the stairs in December 2013.

2014 has required me to refocus to inside by house to remodel.

I will do more on the back deck after I finish my remodel

It's only 2 minutes a fast moving ------

Nice looking space Leo. Around here most localities won't allow you to do additions that have a roof line any higher than the existing structure. What do you use the upstairs space for?

Darren, the upstairs space is 12' wide x 26' long - the knee walls are 4' high and the middle peak is about 8-9' high.

It is unfinished now and I currently store my "nicer" woods. Purpleheart, bloodwood, rosewood, burls, "some" walnut, quilted maple, bolivian rosewood, and lots of stuff like that.
Also, building materials that will be used some day - like left over insulation, plywood, and stuff like that. It's pretty packed up there right now.

Originally, I was going to build a model railroad using the entire space. I love that hobby and I have several thousand dollars in collection. But, the hobby is excruciatingly EXPENSIVE, and there is little or no return on the investment. I have to decide on which hobby I wanted to pursue - so I went wood. Model Railroading is still a passion - but I don't go after it the same way. I may still one day do something - but not that big.

I will eventually finish off that room. I think - there will be something MAN CAVE about it - but Diane also wants her WOMAN CAVE - so it will be a shared space. My space may yet be Model Railroad , but not like I originally planned.

That's a great-looking shop building. You did it up right. :thumb: My only critique is I'd like to be able to study the photos more closely. ;) I'd have gladly sat through a 6 minute slideshow to be able to take in more of the scenes shown in the pics.

Leo, My co-worker's husband has his trains on a track on a shelf that outlines their entire basement, has holes cut through the walls to allow them to move room to room. He's got 2 sets of track on the shelf and decorated out along the walls. It's nice that it's up out of the way, they can use the floor space and quite an interesting conversation piece...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDXjfc7pm8U

BTW, I think their cats get up on the tracks from time to time, he has a little fun with that.

Agree with Vaughn. I could not watch the video (data hog), but when I got to a place where that was not an issue, those pix went by way too fast for these old eyes. Just sayin'. Something to be said for posting still pictures that the viewer controls more easily.

Agree with Vaughn. I could not watch the video (data hog), but when I got to a place where that was not an issue, those pix went by way too fast for these old eyes. Just sayin'. Something to be said for posting still pictures that the viewer controls more easily.

That's what the pause button is for ...:D...Nice looking space Leo, thanks for sharing! :thumb:

It is a nice building, and that upstairs room will be really handy. I have to tell you, in the 70's my 2 daughters were taking piano lessons when that tune came out (Music Box Dancer by Frank Mills?) and that was one of their favorite tunes. I had to watch it twice just to listen to the music.

Nice feedback - thank you for the honesty. That's much more useful than - hey that was nice - and keep silent about it being too fast.

When you put these things together, one nevah knows what is acceptable and what is not.

Lot of times I get bored if that don't go fast enough - or - what is interesting to me, may not be interesting to others.

What I did was to set the duration to a tad longer than the music.

It's fast - maybe uncomfortably fast - but I was thinking pause button.

Next time around - I will get speed a little more into a comfort zone.

I need to build another similar movie for the "Family" plaque I made.
I owe it to the customer that bought it.

It's all a learning curve.

Glad for the comments - it does not hurt my feelings, and it will make the next videos better.

Leo, My co-worker's husband has his trains on a track on a shelf that outlines their entire basement, has holes cut through the walls to allow them to move room to room. He's got 2 sets of track on the shelf and decorated out along the walls. It's nice that it's up out of the way, they can use the floor space and quite an interesting conversation piece...

BTW, I think their cats get up on the tracks from time to time, he has a little fun with that.

Thanks - I love camera mounted model railroads.

He put forth some effort into building that "O" guage Lionel railroad.

Someday I will erect something. I used to sell model railroading stuff on EBAY. I had an account with a hobby distributor and bought wholesale. My orders were a couple of thousand dollars each order and I sold on EBAY. With the profits I kept stuff I bought. The work was not worth the effort and I stopped. It took huge amounts of my time. I shipped stuff all over the world.