Preparing to gloat -NOW GLOATING

Now gloating

OK, I opened the box this morning and took some pictures, so now I can officially gloat. The first picture below shows the saw by itself and the other two show it with the saw that it is going to replace.

Attachments

• My new plunge circular saw -small.JPG
    My new plunge circular saw -small.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
  • New and old circular saws -front -small.jpg
    New and old circular saws -front -small.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 65
  • New and old circular saws -side -small.JPG
    New and old circular saws -side -small.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 73
OK, I opened the box this morning and took some pictures, so now I can officially gloat. The first picture below shows the saw by itself and the other two show it with the saw that it is going to replace.

BEAUTFUL DAD
Can I borrow it to show my girlfriend.:thumb:

:congrats: Frank! Great looking unit! (My TS55 is "Out for Deliver" as I type.)

Thanks for the link to the demo in your shop. Great idea, and looks like it was a success. Something to do for those who have the room... (Half the membership of FW at Marty's for a Festool/Grand Opening?? :eek: :rofl: )

What was the final count of attendees? In your thread you mentioned you were also getting an additional MFT (smaller). Has that arrived? Pics? I'm interested in one too.

Look forward to more pics with your new TS75.

I'm a bit rusty on my metric system...I missed that day in school. 75 mm is better than 55 mm, right?

Methinks that there are a lot of ww'ers out there brushing up on their metric right now, since I believe that the Domino is strictly marked in metric.

(still prefer imperial for woodworking, metric for driving, imperial for cooking/baking, metric for weather, imperial for height/weight, metric for science... Us Canucks are schizo.)

Good gloat Frank! I really like my ATF55 and the upgrade to the 75 may have to wait for the MFS, VS 600, etc.:rolleyes: Can't wait to hear about how the improvements work.

Philosophical question: are you still making sawdust even if your dust extraction is so good that you never see sawdust?

Methinks that there are a lot of ww'ers out there brushing up on their metric right now, since I believe that the Domino is strictly marked in metric.

(still prefer imperial for woodworking, metric for driving, imperial for cooking/baking, metric for weather, imperial for height/weight, metric for science... Us Canucks are schizo.)

Art, how right you are! Let's see if 3/4 inch is about 19mm, how many 5mm dominoes can I put in? (answer is 2).

I remember a great skit that John Candy did, probably on Second City TV, when Canada converted. The skit was titled "Au Revoir, avoirdupois" and he was praising the metric system while inflating the tire on his car. While hurriedly trying to convert Pounds per Square Inch to Grams per Square Centimeter, his tire was growing ridiculously overinflated and eventually exploded with some neat special effects. I laughed and laughed.

Well, now the jokes on me. I think when I do my first domino project, I will do it in metric from the get-go.:eek: :huh:

:congrats: Frank! Great looking unit! (My TS55 is "Out for Deliver" as I type.)

Thanks for the link to the demo in your shop. Great idea, and looks like it was a success. Something to do for those who have the room... (Half the membership of FW at Marty's for a Festool/Grand Opening?? :eek: :rofl: )

What was the final count of attendees? In your thread you mentioned you were also getting an additional MFT (smaller). Has that arrived? Pics? I'm interested in one too.

Look forward to more pics with your new TS75.
There were 15 attendees in addition to the 3 folks from Hafele. Eighteen in my shop was tight but not claustrophobic. It turns out that there was only one guy from Hafele, Marc, who knew the tools; the other two were really additional observers.

The small MFT was out of stock at Hafele and is not scheduled to get here until early May. I think that I will use that table A LOT.

I am sure the the TS75 will be featured in many of my future pictures.

Awesome Frank, I've been drooling over that saw since the day it was announced. Both that and the Domino are next up on my to buy list.

Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy that monster.