Where To Store Larger Jigs?

glenn bradley

My tablesaw sleds and planer sled are probably my largest jigs. They have a home. My recent jig-building catch-up effort has gotten me a few jigs (or new versions thereof) but, these and some others that have never really had a "place" now haunt me. Following the adage that 'storage is where you find it', I had an ah-ha moment. Some scrap OSB and the space behind my drum sander . . . . :huh:.

I blew the dust off my brad nailer and slapped together an elevated platform to keep things a.) off the concrete, an b). provide some airflow.

Jig Riser (1).jpg . Jig Riser (2).jpg

The sander now only sits a couple inches farther forward than before and I can get at my jigs more easily. Happy-happy, joy-joy.

I know some of you must think I am CDO or something . . . (that's like OCD but with the letters in the right order) but I am really just trying to make a little better space to work in. I have a very easy system indicator as to when things need to be adjusted . . . I trip over the same thing for the third time :rolleyes:.

Great solution, Glenn. I am always wondering where to put a jig after I have made it and used it. They are always odd shapes with thingys sticking here and there, so they don't stack well on a shelf.

I'm thinking I really need to buy you a plane ticket to ABQ when it comes time to set up my shop at the new place. You can be my Organizational Consultant. :D

What was your fine when you had the "ah ha" moment in San Angles?

That's New San-Angeles to you mister! I had the dust collector running so those city officials that came here from some other state and made all those silly rules couldn't track my thoughts. I was safe . . . uh-oh, until now that is . . . because I just posted this on the internet. Yep, there's the knock at the door now :rofl:

Last edited:
"... I have a very easy system indicator as to when things need to be adjusted . . . I trip over the same thing for the third time" :rolleyes:

Oh oh---I can see it now---my days are numbered.

Did you hear about the farmer that lived Waayy out in the country?

People asked him how he managed to stay so happily married for such a long time.
"Well he said. I figgered out that it was about time to get a wife."

So he drove into town to look for a bride.
He found one. They were married and a few days later he hitched up the wagon and they started back to the farm.

After a few hours the horse stumbled a bit. The farmer said, "That's once." and they kept on their way.
A couple hours later the horse stumbled again and the farmer said, "That's twice."
An hour and a half later the horse stumbled again.

The farmer said, "That's three times." Then the farmer got down off of the wagon and shot the horse dead.

The wife cried out, "That is the dangest, stupidest, idiotic thing I ever heard of. She went on for another fifteen minutes of language not permitted on Family Woodworking.
The farmer let her run down, then he said, "That's once."

With that I shall leave you.

Enjoy,
JimB---Glenn's stumbling block

Don't have pic installed but it goes under side extension table to right of table saw. Crosscut sled easily slides in vertical slot. I keep my box joint jig in top slot and blades in bottom drawer. Sled is now handy and easy to put away
320ef5122210ccccfb087875b2d30147.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414323522.379524.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414323522.379524.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: