Thank you Paul, from the bottom of my heart

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I received this gift in the mail today from Paul Douglass, a man with a heart of gold and who knows where the hearts of others lie. This was such a surprise and is one of the greatest and most heart warming gifts I have ever received. Thanks just doesn't cover it. Jan was in tears when I showed her. Beautiful scroll saw work! This is going in a place of honor on my mantle. I love this forum!

ae1126cf0867e76dde3143a6b25dcef4.jpg

Last edited:
Tears? Heck yes!!! This is, in my opinion what family woodworking is all about! I have had the privilege of meeting, knowing Lokai! Paul, dude, awesome, nice work:thumb: Rennie, what an awesome remembrance of a great friend:)

Well, I didn't expect all this. But Rennie is very welcome and I'm really happy he liked it. There is nothing more satisfying than having a gift appreciated. I really hesitated to send it, because I am pretty knew at scrolling and, the fact this was the first pattern I have ever made from a picture, made me even more apprehensive. Pattern making is a real Challenge for me.

Every time I see Rennie's avatar, I think what a loving, kind looking dog, and believe me, I am a dog lover. I didn't quite get the kindness Lokai shows in her eves, but I tried.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I've been the receiver of the kindness on this forum several times. Nice to be the giver for once.

And guys, especially you turners, I love the scrolling. It is not nearly as expensive vortex as the lathe. Trust me, I'm an x-turner..... If you want to argue it, start a new thread!!!:rofl:

Way to go Paul you Da Man. Thanks for sharing Rennie all i can say is what you sow so shall you reap, I think this is just all the good stuff you have done over time coming back Rennie. Was a great dog and friend Paul has done an impressive job of creating an enduring memory. As others have said what a great place we have here.