I alwas wanted to build it and I finally got it done. This is by far one of the hardest I have ever done. Everthing is at 45% angles and they all have to be exactlly the correct size or the joint lines don't match up and so on. Mess upon one angle and one has a gap. If glue ups aren't square the joint lines don't line up and the eye catches it.
I might add that the largest project I ever built is a kitchen for a church wich took 35 sheets of oak plywood and over 700 Bf of oak for the cabinate fronts. The chest was harder.
I was trying to get pictures without the flash going off. I didn't think the pictures were coming out untill I saw them today and then I desided to post them. The actual part of the chest that was dove tailed together is out of 2 boards, there was no glue . Only the top panal is two pieces glued together. I didn't think the pictures were comming out so I stopped taking them. Now I will have to get some more. I wish the knot could have been a little more in the center of the chest but the tree didn't want to co-operate.