Happy Birthday!!

Matt Warfield

This may be a day or two early or even a day late. But, happy 8th birthday to Family Woodworking!!

As one of the early members, I remember the motives and intentions behind creating this forum. I think it would be fair to say that the founders of this site didn't anticipate this site would become even better than planned. While family was intended to convey that all ages were invited, it's clear that the members of this site are a family unto themselves.

Congratulations on another year!! And thank you to all of the admins and mods over the years who have been diligently keeping the focus on woodworking, camaraderie, and friendship.

Hey Matt, Good to see you. Looks like the first post(s) were about 10/26/2006, so you were right on! It's good to see this little "experiment" has prospered. Happy B-Day Family Woodworking!

P.S. I added an account with it's birth date on that day, so maybe we'll plan for some celebrations from now on.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to us! A toast to those who pioneered this great place and those that keep it running smoothly. Many happy returns! (Two thoses in one sentence is pretty cool:)):b-day::b-day::b-day:

Well, Happy Birthday to us. And Thank You Glenn for getting me into the Family. I pretty much just watched at the beginning. It was Glenn, again, that pushed me into posting and starting threads. And a second thank you to Glenn for that.

All of you make a great group; heck, you even put up with me.

Thanks and Enjoy,
JimB

Where is the CAKE?

Here's the very first post. It's in the Mod and Admin area out of view from most members, but it's the first post on the forum. Sure doesn't seem like it was 8 years ago...

First%20Post%20Ever%201024.jpg

BTW, good to see you, Matt. :wave:

Here's the very first post. It's in the Mod and Admin area out of view from most members, but it's the first post on the forum. Sure doesn't seem like it was 8 years ago...

First%20Post%20Ever%201024.jpg

BTW, good to see you, Matt. :wave:

Yes I remember that!

I have to say that this place, this Family is something that I certainly am proud of having a small part in getting started.

Happy Birthday Family Woodworking :b-day: :b-day_cake: :headbang:

Excuse me? Did you say a SMALL part? Sorry, but that is incorrect, buddy. You played a major role in getting this place out of the starting blocks. ;) :thumb:

Well thanks, but the reality is there were a lot of guys who committed a lot of their time and energy to start this place, I was in good company. :thumb:
Yourself included Vaughn.