Thread: Way Off Topic

Way Off Topic

Does anyone follow bull riding? I have always been a big fan.

The bulls are getting meaner, bigger and smarter. Last night, the world championships, a bull named Bushwacker was up for his last performance before being retired. He was a long shot to be bull of the year for the third time. Only one other bull has won it three times. Bushwacker came out, absolutely drove the rider into the ground in about two seconds and then trotted back to the shoots (sp) like it was nothing. He won. No question. It was great!!
    "We the People ......"

The wife and I have followed the PBR since they first started. I think Bushwacker retired too soon, but I bet his stud fees are astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Does anyone follow bull riding? I have always been a big fan.

The bulls are getting meaner, bigger and smarter. Last night, the world championships, a bull named Bushwacker was up for his last performance before being retired. He was a long shot to be bull of the year for the third time. Only one other bull has won it three times. Bushwacker came out, absolutely drove the rider into the ground in about two seconds and then trotted back to the shoots (sp) like it was nothing. He won. No question. It was great!!
    I watch on occasion when nothing else interests me on TV... I've seen Bushwacker work a few times... after a few years on the circuits, the bulls almost become "trained" to do their thing and then go to the gate.... I have noticed that the riders are being a little more safety conscious lately, with helmets and padded jackets to protect their chests.... In my youth many years back, my home town had a rodeo every year around the 4th of July... we had a lot of big name riders come in for the rodeo and a few rank bulls... being a small town rodeo, a lot of the locals would actually sit along the fence inside the arena... we had one bull that would clear that area after his session... he would toss anyone he could catch over the fence and actually tossed one man over into the stands and killed him. He was back the next year and caught one of the clowns at the far end of the arena half-way up the fence and tossed him over into a rather large lady's lap... probably saved him from getting hurt.
    Last edited by Chuck Ellis; 10-28-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Rode a few in high school and they were nothing like these athletes. It is a sport and both participants are reaping the rewards.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING