New Sander - Bosch ROS20VSC

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered the Bosch ROS20VSC last week, it arrived today. Came in a canvas bag, included an 80 grit disc, instruction manual, and the vacuum hose adapter. My initial impression was that it felt well built and ergonomic.
2014-10-27 19.35.19.jpg2014-10-27 19.35.45.jpg2014-10-27 19.36.14.jpg2014-10-27 19.37.05.jpg

One pleasant surprise was that I didn't realize it was variable speed when I ordered it.
2014-10-27 20.46.18.jpg

This was after sanding all 4 sides of my high chair back spindles, only a little dust on the out side of the filter box, hardly any to be found on the work/work surface.
2014-10-27 19.41.33.jpg

You can see the build up against the filter inside, the dust chute was caked up about 1/4" thick around the outer edges, so seems to have a pretty strong push of air blowing to the filter.
2014-10-27 19.57.28.jpg2014-10-27 19.57.23.jpg2014-10-27 19.57.16.jpg

This is with the vacuum hose attached to my DC.
2014-10-27 20.02.45.jpg

I only sanded down some of the spindles, but was like night and day from my old B&D ROS. The vibration is minimal, the filter works really well, and the dust hose connection works even better. It's what I'd expect from Bosch, yet the $69 price tag was a whole lot less than I would expected it to be for the quality.

I had seen that model but hadn't realized it had a round hose port. :thumb: I have a Ryobi that's similar in size and shape to the Bosch, and it has a lot of hours of sanding under its belt. I'm pretty certain the reason it still runs as good as it does is because used the vacuum port all the time since it was new. Your new one looks like a great sander, especially for that price. Nice find. :thumb:

Congrats. My little Bosch just keeps on going. I don't use it often but, I have been using it for almost 10 years. Like Vaughn I use the vac whenever I use it. I have a gated collar at the hose junction so I can reduce the vac's suction as my current vac will actually slow the pad if not throttled back.

Bosch-w-hose.jpg

Congrats. My little Bosch just keeps on going. I don't use it often but, I have been using it for almost 10 years. Like Vaughn I use the vac whenever I use it. I have a gated collar at the hose junction so I can reduce the vac's suction as my current vac will actually slow the pad if not throttled back.

View attachment 86840

That's interesting, you'd think that the hose size would limit that. I've typically been leaving one of my other ports on the same line partially open to increase the velocity in the branch when using a smaller line with it, so probably does the same at reducing the suction.

What's the little puck you have your sander sitting on?

Yeah, duh, just never had a variable sander before...all this new fangled stuff. ;)

Sander Sitter is right. One of those things I bought early on when I thought I'd use a ROS on everything . . . who knew? The thing is very handy though and cleans the abrasive every time you set the sander down.

I forgot to mention that variable speed on a ROS is an absolute for me. Being able to change speeds for me) also stretches the usable life of my abrasive Now that you have it, there's no going back.

Congrats funny coincidence i ordered one last week after consulting my Bosch buddy in Mi. :)
Bought a recon unit $44 plus shipping at Cpo Bosch recon.
Thanks for the review. My hands are looking forward to it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Picked up mine yesterday from the depot i ship to in Niagara. What incredible value check out what came as a recon unit for $44
http://www.cpotools.com/factory-rec...html?start=1&cgid=bosch-reconditioned-sanders

Bosch Sander.jpg
I never expected the vac attachment or the bag on a recon unit. And it even has a warranty.
My old dewalt has been beating the heck out of my hands and its not funny anymore. So its getting retired with its tired hook and loop setup.