Second fiddle gloat....

Greg Cook

Well, it ain't the Big Boy (Frank Pellow's MS75)....but I think it'll work. :thumb: :D

My TS55, guide rail, Panther blade and some accessories arrived today, just in time for the next step in my kitchen remodel. Bob Marino did a great job getting this off for me, and adding the blade at the last minute.

Nice score, Greg. :thumb: So far I've resisted the Festool bug, but
if I do get bitten, Uncle Bob will be my First Aid. ;)

Thanks, Vaughn.

Once you get into a project where dust is a really a major problem...dried caulk from removing tile...it's so easy to see the advantage of the Festool system. My CT22 dust extractor by itself was a great help, let alone combined with my sanders and/or the new TS55. Even my wife, who is very sensitive to dust/smoke etc. could work nearby when the CT22 was running and sucking up caulk.

Greg

I am not an ace with a Spackle knife, and inevitably there has to be some sanding when I'm remodeling. One of the small F sanders and the DE make a wonderful team -- no dust and the wall is flat!

Jay

Congraulations Greg. My old Festool plunge circular saw has been a real workhorse for three years and rates right up there as one of the best tools I have ever owned. I am sure that you will enjoy your saw and hope that you find it as good as I have found mine to be.

Last edited:
Sean, thanks.

For me, at my age, I'm making some of the last of my tool purchases, so I'm trying to get the best possible ones I can. I purchased a few Bosch while they were still made in Switzerland, Germany and the USA.

I also have become more aware of the importance of dust control....a bit late, but better late than never...:eek: :D The Festool tools are the best you can get for that, IMO. They are expensive, but will individually be probably the last I get. That's what we are supposed to say, right?

:rofl: :rofl:

Not only that, as you are looking at moving back to Japan, the prices in the US for the Festool stuff is about 40% cheaper than here in Japan :eek: :wave:

Not only that, as you are looking at moving back to Japan, the prices in the US for the Festool stuff is about 40% cheaper than here in Japan :eek: :wave:

That piques my Curiosity, Stu. Since Japan was not one of the MANY countries I have been in, I don't know what kind of power you have there. Will the tools used in the US work on the Power there? Is it the same as here, or is the Freq/voltage different?

Basically from Osaka South, the power is 100V 60 Hz, from Osaka North (including Tokyo) it is 100V 5 Hz.

Yeah, can you imagine........ :rolleyes:

For tools with universal motors, everything I have from there works here, just a bit slower, induction motors, are not recommended.

Cheers!

Basically from Osaka South, the power is 100V 60 Hz, from Osaka North (including Tokyo) it is 100V 5 Hz.

Yeah, can you imagine........ :rolleyes:

For tools with universal motors, everything I have from there works here, just a bit slower, induction motors, are not recommended.

Cheers!

Boy, that is interesting, having two different power systems in the same country, no less. When the tools run a little slower on the 50 Hz, do they run any warmer, or do you notice any difference? I have noticed on "Some" motor instructions that they give a Minimum voltage for operation, (usually 115 v, or maybe 110 v, IIRC).

Boy, that is interesting, having two different power systems in the same country, no less. When the tools run a little slower on the 50 Hz, do they run any warmer, or do you notice any difference? I have noticed on "Some" motor instructions that they give a Minimum voltage for operation, (usually 115 v, or maybe 110 v, IIRC).

Nope, never had a problem, most stuff here, now, has a chip in it to sense which system it runs on, only seem to really cound it there is a clock of some sort, like on a nuker or a DVD player etc.

Cheers!