Winter woodworking plans

Building 13 more storm windows for a historical site. I was asked to do them over the winter which works great for me. I have a heated shop so its great work when Im slow during the winter months. I would also like to rehab my bathroom off my bedroom, it's been 15 years since I first built it and could use some updating. Alan, come on up, Ill put you to work! Hope the knee gets better soon.

Wait, I forgot. Clamp a small bandsaw to your kitchen table and make bandsaw boxes. Glue up all your scrap for blanks and go to town. If the kitchen will be inconvenient you could clamp the bandsaw to the coffee table. Of course, LOYL may clamp the bandsaw to your ankle and throw you in the pool.

Building 13 more storm windows for a historical site. I was asked to do them over the winter which works great for me. I have a heated shop so its great work when Im slow during the winter months. I would also like to rehab my bathroom off my bedroom, it's been 15 years since I first built it and could use some updating. Alan, come on up, Ill put you to work! Hope the knee gets better soon.

Ill come up and make pizzas, but Ill watch you do the work in the bathroom.

Rob here is a few ideas for you , since you have a vacuum press try Marquetry, here is one I will finish this winter

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

Also there is Inlay you can do , here is a box that's going to have a Fairy inlayed in it she love Fern Gully the Movie , she is 12 years old an finished her cancer treatments an doing very well so I'm doing this for her, using MOP different flavors for it an Austrian Opals for the eyes

DSC02398.jpg

then there is the carvings I will be working on , it is also a good time to learn something different that you always wanted to do.

Well, Rob, down here it's pretty much the same as any other season, except I can't keep my shop doors open as much. If we do get real cold - meaning below freezing - I have enough heat in the shop to keep it workable. Any finishing waits until the temperature gets to 50°F or above, which usually doesn't take long.

Y'all have fun shoveling snow up there! :thumb: