Winter Projects

Roy Millsaps

So what is everyone going to be doing this winter for projects here is a few I will be doing an also finishing this winter
Carvings of course
But I also will be working an Intarsia Piece for a friend but its going to be Dimension for him, it will take most of the winter to do it off an on, here is an example of it

eagle 2009.jpg

But I also will be finishing this Marquetry piece this winter an get it framed

DSC02395.jpg
DSC02394.jpg

Then there are things for Kids in the hospital this box is for a 12 year old that finished her cancer treatment she likes Fairies off of Fern Gully Movie so I'm going to Inlay her a nice one using MOP different flavors an Austrian Opals for the eyes to

DSC02398.jpg

An I'm for sure the Wife an girls will have a few things for me to do also :mad:

Interesting projects, Roy. I'm looking forward to seeing them develop. I'm about ready to dive into some intarsia on a box or three.

As to Winter projects, at least we don't have to shut down completely like some of the folks up north!

Interesting projects, Roy. I'm looking forward to seeing them develop. I'm about ready to dive into some intarsia on a box or three.

As to Winter projects, at least we don't have to shut down completely like some of the folks up north!

With Intarsia just take your time an not rush, an try an keep your area you cut an shape all the same temperature until done

SHUT down- No way- just have to work faster so you stay warmer and have more scraps to burn.

SHUT down- No way- just have to work faster so you stay warmer and have more scraps to burn.

I used to save my small offcuts of cherry to use in my smoker for pork. In the past couple of years, I've been using more small stuff for pens, stoppers and other little items. This week, I've been brushing the shavings from my lathe into a small box to have cherry for my grill. Times are tough!