With our weather closing in rapidly on being outside, i made the move yesterday to bring a bunch of ww stuff indoors so i have some to work on thru winter also to preserve things that dont like freezing (portable tools with batteries).
One thing i needed was air and i was not about to haul the new compressor down stairs, then it dawned on me.
In June i had purchased parts from E Replacement parts, on speculation that i could repair and recover my porter cable pancake compressor.
Well i had taken it apart before to find the leak which suddenly occurred out of nowhere.
It seemed to originate from the head where the 1/4" aluminum pipe connects to the pump piston head.
I had taken it apart and inspected it and there was no sign of physical damage and in reality the part does not get to move. So i put it back together but still a leak at this junction.
Well i ordered what i thought could be the only changeable parts but had never fitted them.
So yesterday in about 30 minutes i replaced the part with new parts and voila no leak. Dont ask where the fault lies the new seal was black and way stiffer to press in. Has me thinking this was a factory defect and i was just lucky to date that it had not blown.
Here is what i replaced.
I suspect the aluminum tube could have been used again but for the cost it was not worth taking the risk of only buying the small rubber seal.
Tube cost $5.61
Seal cost $1.31
Shipping cost $6.63 to Niagara.
Not a bad cost of repair, wish i had done it in June when i got the part.
Now i have my nail gun compressor back .
Amazing just how simple this type of machine is.
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk