Lee Valley free shipping again

Thanks Carol, I've been waiting for this. On my next list is some milk paint (I read in a recent issue of Fine Woodworking that you can water it down, and it will be absorbed like a dye), one of their tools for removing nails, and some nice looking shelf brackets. They have some pretty steel and (hand) wrought iron ones. I'd like to add one more long shelf above the window in the front room.

Not an issue for me. I just drive down to LV and pick up what I need. :p

Now Roger, don't tease the poor deprived Americans... :jealous:

But in all seriousness.... I live in a city that has a LVT store. But I **STILL** tend to buy things online when they run this deal, simply because it is a 25 minute drive and happens to be in a corner of the city where I almost never have any reason to go. (Where is the "First World Problems" smiley face? :whistling: )
Time is precious.

almost forgot, Carol!!

- I'm gonna get one of those new socket extension sets that they just announced. Looks like the sort of thing that I will REALLY like when I need it.

- just ran out of expansible dowels for my dowelmax, so I've got some of those on my wish list

- I also need to replace the tape on my TS fence, so I'll probably get an adhesive tape.

That's enough to push me over the $40 limit, but I'll sit on this for a few days and see if anything else occurs to me. The rest of my wish list is more long term / no-pressing-need items. My wife needs to look over her own wishlist as well, but that would be on the gardening side...

Thanks for the measuring tape idea, Art. That should have been on my list, but wasn't. I, too, am waiting a few days to see what else crops up.

Dangit Art, I was doing so well in my attempts to keep from buying anything. Then you had to show me those socket extensions. Dangit!

Dangit Art, I was doing so well in my attempts to keep from buying anything. Then you had to show me those socket extensions. Dangit!

"sorry"

Make sure you pop "up" a level in the catalog, Vaughn ... they have several different size. I think the 3/8 is good for me. Also, that 38pc homeowner's set looks like it'd make a great present for anyone with a child moving out and setting up house.

Not an issue for me. I just drive down to LV and pick up what I need. :p

You may have to rethink that Roger, there are some things that you cannot get at the store. Many of the non fast moving items are now only mailorder from central warehouse.

I live less than 30 minutes from the new store they have in Vaughan and I will be taking advantage of the free shipping to buy one of those carter bandsaw stabilizer guides. After all the talk about them i want to give it a try for some bandsaw sleighs i have to make for Xmas gifts this year and see if it really helps.
Here is what you get when you try add to cart :D
2014-11-07_13-14-37.jpg
And given i will be over the $40 mark i now can add my other bits and pieces to the list and save myself a trip to the store which could have proved more costly. :D