Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday Nov. 7th 2014

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

It's Friday Nov. 7th 2014

What's on your agenda?

I'm replacing all of the stove pipe in the shop. Went out yesterday and seen a spot of light shining down from the lip of the reducer section...touched it and my finger poked through so I'd say it's past time LOL.

Also planning on making a big batch of Boudin Had a taste for it for quite some time, as in 25 yrs or so. Back when I worked out of Miss. & also the mid 70's while stationed in Texas{FT Hood}...hope I can come up with something close enough to satisfy the memory glands of the taste buds.

Other than that, some leaf raking and Sunday football.
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

another super exciting Friday for me........doing absolutely nothing, resting up the knee, getting my gel shot in 3 hours, then doing nothing again.

probably a huge mistake, but the wife and I are headed down the jersey shore tomorrow, and we will see how long my knee will hold out.
    Human Test Dummy

We're packing up to head back home from Apalachicola, FL after spending a few days here. We've had enough fresh shrimp, oysters and shopping to last a while!

I'll have shop time Saturday morning doing a little turning and maybe milling some red oak to start an end grain butting board.

Sunday will be a day to catch up on rest, cook some gumbo, and watch the race.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Today is my long day, going to be even longer as the Prius goes under the wrench today, LOF and winter tires... plus an alignment. Ugh. After that, I have two runs for work ending at 3-4 am ish.

Shop time tomorrow is going to be getting stock off of the upper wood rack, and cutting a BUNCH of parts for cutting boards.
    -Ned

Working completely through the weekend. Usually I can get all of Friday and some of Saturday 'off.' Not this week! Holidays coming. Calendar gets jammed and activities in my world really ramp up. May not get to come up for air until after the first of the year. I do love what I do, but a bit of balance is always a good thing. Had my wimpy shade structure self-destruct in the last rains. Cobbled it back together but it will not last another wind or rain event. Trying to work on its permanent solution.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Heading over to some friends place for a few cocktails and BBQ tonight. Tomorrow I hope to get lots of shop time as I decided last minute to join my dad at a craft/art show next weekend and don't have much stock of anything ready to go. Sunday will be some outside time doing something...it's going to get cold next week so we have to enjoy while we can!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Tonight we're watching the grandson, as with all weekend, but have some errands to run tomorrow morning, need to return the mortising attachment, may pickup a dedicated mortiser also. Then I may stop by the brew shop for some supplies. Need to get seats, arms, and tables cut out/shaped on the high chairs and get ready to drill lots of holes. Also need to glue up some stair treads and finish planing them down.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Sensory overload from visiting rug rats....will retreat to shop and play with the planes.

Lots of outdoor jobs, weather permitting. Haven't touched a leaf yet, the pool isn't properly put to bed and there's still a couple of cords of B grade firewood to deal with . Still too much stuff outdoors that really shouldn't be frozen and buried in snow. Need to put the snow tires on the car and service the tractor too. Lots of travel this fall, so we've fallen way behind around home.
    If it's too wet, well there's just as long a list inside!

We've had about a foot of rain here in the past couple of weeks and last weekend if you travelled an hour or two due north it was all snow.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Allen, don't overdo it!
    Last edited by Peter Rideout; 11-07-2014 at 02:53 PM.

now that Ive met you, jonathan, I wonder how injuries like mine would totally mess up the mix on large properties/farms like you guys have.

My guess is it would be devastating, not being able to properly handle the chores required like changing tires on tractors, moving hay, taking care of whatever livestock......wow,.....Im in pain thinking about it, its a chore for me to walk out and get my newspaper in the morning with the busted up knee, don't want to think about it if I lived on a rural property with tons of things to take care of everyday.
    Human Test Dummy