Glenns Coasters and Brains

This is Friday. On Friday the house cleaning crew come.

I'm out in the shop making coasters. I figured out what strips of wood I want for the next two additions and where I want them.

I will be age 90 next month and my short term memory is not going to win any blue ribbons.

A couple times in this build I have figured out what I want to do next, only to return to do it after the glue set---and could not remember which board went where.

I had a brilliant idea. I came in the house to get the Canon (camera that is) and Carlos (the son of the family that runs the cleaning service) asked me what I was going to do. I explained that I had laid out the sticks of wood in the approximate position that I want to put them. Since I had done this a couple times before and could not remember where the sticks went I was going to take a picture.

"Oh," Carlos said, "You have a photographic memory!"

Nuff said?

Have a laugh on me, courtesy of Carlos.

Enjoy,
JimB

I use the camera on my phone to remember things on a daily basis. It's faster to snap a quick photo than it is to write a note.

Pictures are great for things like that, and, for refreshing memories like...> things didn't fall out and get lost, but rather with age/time things simply get so organized that they can be disorienting at times :thumb::D
Marbles.jpeg & Yep, I agree with Ted, you Jim are an inspiration :wave:

When I was still working and we got company "smart" phones, I used the camera function not only to remember how something went back together but to provide photographic evidence of how I found something that had been abuse. Love digital cameras!

Paul, Don't let Glenn hear you say that or he will be on my case---You know, "Dad, how can you work in a shop this messy---you can't find anything."

In a weak moment I told him I would turn over a new leaf and have the place ship-shape before he came next time. Do you know what that stinker did? Instead of coming in 2 weeks he is coming this week end. I won't even begin to make it clean by then. Oh well, guess I will just have to die young and miss this week end.

Thanks guys, you are great. I'm going to bed with a laugh in my heart.

I said, "guys" because none of our "ladies" are brave enough to get mixed up in this thread.

Enjoy,
JimB