I actually put a jacket on this morning!?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

65 above zero:
Floridians turn on the heat. People in Michigan plant gardens.

60 above zero:
Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Michigan sunbathe..

50 above zero:
Italian & English cars won't start. People in Michigan drive with the windows down..

40 above zero:
Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Michigan throw on a flannel shirt.

35 above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Michigan have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20 above zero:
People in Miami all die. Michiganders close the windows..

Zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico . People in Michigan get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Michigan are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:
Washington, DC runs out of hot air. People in Michigan let the dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Michiganders get upset because they can't start the Snowmobile.

40 below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops. People in Michigan start saying...'Cold enough fer ya?'

50 below zero:
Hell freezes over. Lions win the Super Bowl

67° here today. Supposed to be 40° tomorrow, and 22° tomorrow night, then stay if the 30s for highs over the next week or so, and well below freezing every night. Looks like Winter is coming to Northeast Ohio a few weeks early.

35 above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Michigan have the last cookout before it gets cold.

I BBQ all winter, don't you? :huh:

I'm kind of curious about who wrote that joke, as I thought Montana and North Dakota were considered colder than MI. (Let alone Alaska)

I BBQ all winter, don't you? :huh:

I'm kind of curious about who wrote that joke, as I thought Montana and North Dakota were considered colder than MI. (Let alone Alaska)

I don't know who wrote it, I found it and snagged it as it fits IMO, or should that be IMMO {in my michigan opinion} :D

And yes we grill year round, & each season, the wife thinks I'm nuts when I carry the snowblower up on the deck, but her laughter soon fades when I light that match :rofl:

Ken that joke cracked me up. You Michiganders have a fantastic sense of humor but eh give the Lions a better chance. :)
Darren excellent fireplace.
Good one Glenn dont forget the socks. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hi,

Ken said, "60 above zero:
Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Michigan sunbathe..

If I absolutely have to I can survive at 60 F. However, I am shivveringgg so much I cannot use a chisel. Thermal underwear usually starts in late October---has not started yet this year---must be "global warming."

At 55 F I am in the hot tub---with my head under water breathing through a snorkel. As Frank Sanatra sings in one of his recordings, "I hate California, it's cold and it's damp."

Glenn, shame on you. You know your mother would have died 30 years sooner if we didn't use the wood stoves every day for 6 or 7 months of the year. And she came from Olathe, Colorado at an altitude of a mile.

Enjoy,
JimB

It's all relative and what you are used to. When I lived in the (No. Cal.) bay area, if it was 55 out and with the humidity, everyone would wear a coat and acted like they were freezing to death. Now in the desert, if it's in the low 30-40's with no wind...the sun makes you feel quite warm and its T-Shirt weather.

May have to break out the fireplace in a few weeks, but hesitate to do it while the inside temp is above about 57 (currently in the mid-60's).

Allen in NY dont think u going to miss this cold. Make hay while the sunshines its coming your way too. ;) why should we be the only ones to be freezing. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It's all relative and what you are used to. When I lived in the (No. Cal.) bay area, if it was 55 out and with the humidity, everyone would wear a coat and acted like they were freezing to death. Now in the desert, if it's in the low 30-40's with no wind...the sun makes you feel quite warm and its T-Shirt weather...

That's been my observation, too. 40º on a sunny day in ABQ (at over a mile high) feels comfy, whereas a 60º day in LA (even with the sun shining) is jacket weather.

My wife has been astounded that she's taking the dog for walks in a short sleeved shirt when the temp is in the 60s here...she's the stereotypical SoCal girl who has known no other climate in her life.

68° yesterday at noon. Today, it's 38°. Supposed to get to 22° tonight, and only up to 28° tomorrow. Early Winter onset. Knowing it was coming, we put the outside Christmas lights up yesterday. Now, all we have to do is plug them in in a couple weeks.

my neighbor put up his xmas lights when he took down his Halloween decorations. I told him why bother taking them down.

I lost the entire fall season and part of the summer due to injuries.

I contacted my buddy today, decided to put a gas heater in the garage ASAP.

I don't want to lose the winter also if its as cold as last year. Too depressing to be a prisoner in my home if my knee feels better.

We both believe I have a natural gas line out there, as the previous owner had a gas dryer out there.

I don't know the lingo, but I think he has to check to see if the gas line is "hot?"

I asked him if he could get it done immediately as I know his main business is air conditioning, but ofcourse, since his season is over, he going on a cruise the next 2 weeks.

I hoping to have the heater in there by mid December.

Having heat would make hot summers more tolerable since if I could work all winter long, I wouldn't have to be out there when temps get too hot, as the AC doesn't cut it well and I need the power for my tools.

...I contacted my buddy today, decided to put a gas heater in the garage ASAP....We both believe I have a natural gas line out there, as the previous owner had a gas dryer out there...I hoping to have the heater in there by mid December.

Having heat would make hot summers more tolerable since if I could work all winter long, I wouldn't have to be out there when temps get too hot, as the AC doesn't cut it well and I need the power for my tools.

Allen,
Did you see the small, wall-mounted radiant heater I have in my shop? It's only about 12" X 24", and puts out about 35,000 Btu.

It keeps my 18 X 35 (super insulated) shop nice and warm all winter for about $35.00 per month. It doesn't require a vent. I have it on a 'set back' type thermostat, and it keeps 65° during the day, and back to 50° at night (too keep glues and finishes from freezing).

The open pilot light means I can't (shouldn't) spray solvent based finishes, but, except for the occasional rattle can, I only use waterbornes anyway.

The nicest part was that the heater only cost about $400.00, about 9 years ago.