French cuff and the Dr.'s wife

He like to dress well and he liked those fancy shirts, you know the ones with the sleeves so long you had to fold them over, double. :rolleyes:
His wife was a lovely girl with a sassy way about her. She was from well to do out of beach town Florida, and he was full of spit and vinegar, dressing the part, driving a black corvette. New York was his old home, Houston his new, bringing a career to foster a fast life style with his FANCY SHIRTS! Much younger than myself, who would ever guess our lives would collide.:eek:

It was not by coincidence, it was a setup. :D I was told about these folks wanting a complete home theater in a designated room for that and that alone. We met, looked over the plans done by a interior decorator, agreed to a price. and did the job. They were thrilled, it was beautiful.
On a visit near the end of the job, when just punching things out she approached me, the doctor's wife. She got real close and quietly said, "Shaz ".:eek: I said " you talking to me Willis?":rofl: JUST KIDDING...She said " there is some thing I would like you to do." Naturally I responded saying if I could help I would.
She continued, " Michael loves to wear different colored shirts with the French Cuffs". Not knowing what they were :huh: she said they were the kind of shirt he needed cuff links for and he had a lot of shirts and alot of cuff links.
"Shaz" she said quietly " could you make me a birthday gift for him to put his cuff links in, it will be our little secret?"
She wanted it about 12" long and maybe 9" wide and "Oh, this high or so."
to hold as many cuff links as possible in sectioned off areas. I agreed.

carefull there shaz............you`ll be looking at the silk pantied crowd in a new light if`n you`re not carefull:eek:

carefull there shaz............you`ll be looking at the silk pantied crowd in a new light if`n you`re not carefull:eek:
Naw, You know Tod, I think you are the same, it's not the silk makes you wanna be friends, it's the roar of their engine:rofl: and the sound of their concern, you know, what's important to them. I take wood over silk most any time:rolleyes: :rofl:
Shaz
P.S. gotta go to work so I can buy those silk sheets,errr flannel:D

Last edited:
With that I decided the following, "however I do it it is gonna turn out well and since I have a daughter, I will make two and give one to my little sweetie :) for jewelry:eek: , gold bullion :rolleyes: and rare mint coins.:D " (it will be easier to build than fill).:rofl: This was the result.
The first was for my daughter...
Box for L.jpg
This other was for "The Doctor's Wife" to give as the gift.
Michael's cufflink box.jpg

Those look nice - and the story's good also. What do they look like inside?
Hi Mike, Thank you on both accounts. I will show you soon.:rolleyes:
Mike

Shaz has the jazz, as usual. Oh Ken, you are quite kind, I think. :rofl:
Ken
My reasoning on the inside, Cuff kinks, take up X amount of space, so I could make 1 1/2" squares and have a bunch of spaces, in approx. 12"x9".
I could make it two layers, addressing the lift out tray and a way to inset it or hinge it. She wanted a soft floor for the cuff links as some would scratch on hard surfaces, and knowing her she wanted a good presentation when open. Walnut and spalted sycamore worked out real well for starters.
I decided on larger spaces for the presentation (the look) and a lift out tray as mentioned earlier. Combining walnut, sycamore, dark velvet and brass pleased both the Dr. and the Dr.s wife immensly.
Our lives had collided, now the only thing left was for the cuff links to be snuggled up together within the box it self. That I was not privy to but here are a few photos of box, empty and alone.:(
cuff link box (1).jpg

cuff link box (2).jpg

cuff link box (7).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice design and excellent execution. I'm sure they were quite pleased with it.
Thank you Mike, I appreciate your evaluation. :)
Mike

Very nice do-dad boxes, and the story to go with them was classic Shaz. :thumb:
When I grow up I want to be able to write like Vaughn so people will understand me. What is you secret? :rolleyes:
Thanks Vaughn.

Shaz,

As always, well done, well thought out, and well executed. Bravo!:thumb:
Thanks Rennie, Very nice of you to say those things.
(Will send money soon!) :D