I got watching things on Youtube, and came across this video.
Anyway, I thought that would make life a lot easier when doing my handyman thing around town. You know when you want a tool it will be at the very front of the box and you have to climb over all the crap you've collected and forgot to take out to get to what you want!!
So anyway, here is my rendition of what is featured in the video. Very similar except I didn't have the money to be buying fixed casters and made my own.
The casters took the longest time to make. Scrap wood and 14 bucks in 5/16 bolts with nyloc nuts and a bit of glue.....
The bottom board with the castors and the pullout tray (don't know what happened to those pixs) went quick. 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood, five 2x4x12' and one 2x4x8' and a bunch of screws and about 5 hours labor. Well, 6 if you count the time I had to take the castor board out to trim it to fit between the wheel wells. I did have a friend over to help put the pieces in the truck. The components were heavy. Mostly do to how wet the 2x4's were.
The space in between is wide enough to put a 6 foot step ladder. I do have one in there now along with a couple of extension cords. There is enough height that I can put my Mikita compressor in there standing up. Pretty much done except pick up a few screw eyes so I can have a tie point to secure things from moving around.
The whole project cost about 150 bucks and about 2 1/2 days labor.
Thanks for looking!