NEW INVENTION BY GLENN

NEW INVENTION BY GLENN
View attachment 87293View attachment 87294View attachment 87295
While using a cut-off wheel in a Dremel Tool Glenn invented a way to cut/grind around a corner. I think Big Foot, a few odd trolls and the Tooth Fairy will all remember this momentous day in the history of shortening a bolt.

No words can truly describe this invention so pictures are enclosed so you can picture the efficiency of this tool.

Imagine that the plane in the picture is 3 feet thick and you want to put a groove from one face to the other. Using Glenn’s invention you can do so. AND you do not have to put your body in the area where the sparks will fly; you can stand around the corner. Pretty neat huh?

Isn’t it amazing what these Quizz Kids can come up with. The world will never be the same.

Enjoy,
JimB

That is the most intelligent excuse to show off that you have a shoulder plane and a Dremel drill Jim, while ashaming Glenn at the same time! mean man...:rofl:

OK, so here's the real story . . . I was cutting off a piece of allen wrench for dad to make him a tool for quickly rough-sizing lathe chuck jaw settings. It was an old allen wrench that was actually made of real steel instead of recycled beer cans and the hacksaw wouldn't cut it . . . literally.

Dad broke out the Dremel and gave me a grinding wheel to use. I chucked up the wheel and hit the switch. Something was wrong as the shaft immediately bent under the centrifugal force and the Dremel became a turbo-charged hand massager. It was shaking so violently that I couldn't get to the off switch for about 10 minutes . . . OK, so it was a second or two but, it felt like 10 minutes.

So, while I'm trying to hold on to Dad's Dremel, which is now like trying to hold on to some sort of a psychotic piranha with an out-of-balance helicopter for a hat, I manage to pull the plug. the whole affair took about 5 seconds but, seemed like a feature length action movie.

After changing the shaft and wheel (and my shorts) I finished making Dad's chuck-helper. BUT, does he post the super-cool-motorized-chuck-assist complete with action photos!?!

No.

I get this thread as payment for my troubles :rofl:.

Last edited:
Gee. All I was doing was trying to find a piece of metal with a handy square corner so I could show how the invention could be used.

Enjoy,
JimB

ps Glenn has had a plane like that for several years. I am not a furniture, cabinet, etc. kind of woodworker so my thought was, "Ho hum. That's nice for you Glenn."
Then I got a project and Glenn said, "That medium size rabbet plane I have would be perfect for that." Well one thing lead to another and I ended up purchasing one. I found out that it is real handy for lots of things and use it quite a bit.

I certainly would not want to be without it now. The wooden plane that the Barcelona guy, Toni C, made for me falls in the same category, it just does some things better than anything else can do them.

Sometimes you have to hit me on the head with a 2x4 to really get my attention.

Last edited: