looking for a finish for new hardwood floors

I am new to the forum. I have been doing remodels for years but I am starting to get more involved from scratch. I bought a unit of Giant Chinqupin lumber and have milled it with tounge and groove for hardwood floors. I am hand scraping the floors for that rustic look. That has made my job laying the steps easier because it does not have to be perfect. I am doing a French bleed with steel wool and vinegar then scraping and then stain. After all of that I am not sure what kind of finish to put on it, water base, oil base or wax. It needs to be tough, kids, dogs you know. Thanks ahead of time. I am excited to be a part of this forum.:huh:

Have you tried this product yet? I recently used it on a job and its really sweet to work with. The finish is beautiful once it cures.
And the great part is its a one coat product that penetrates and bonds to the wood. And its easily repaired and easy to keep clean.

http://www.rubiomonocoatusa.com/

I hope you like it!
Don't be shocked over the price vs volume (174.00 per 1.3 liter of product) a liter of the 2c in pure will cover more than a gallon of good wb urethane. About 500 sq feet.
And the labor savings of 1 coat plus being able to put furniture on it in 24 hours and a full cure in 7 days all add to that value.
The pure gives the ambering look where the natural remains clear. The colors "mature" over the 7 day period.
If you decide to use it watch the application videos they have.
Oh! and I almost forgot NO STINK! and No VOC!! Just the mild but pleasant odor of linseed oil when its being applied and that dissipates in a few hours