Anyone Used this Drill ?

$139.99 w/free shipping on Amazon, but hurry only one left! And I agree about battery-powered tools. They are very nice and convenient, but until they get the batteries down to a reasonable price, I'm back to pulling power cords around.

That's a great drill, but I'd check it in person to get a feel for how heavy and bulky it is. Using a heavy sander can get tiring pretty quickly. I know this from having the Metabo 3 1/8" ROS. Also, I suspect it might be more drill than you really need for lathe sanding. Personally, I'd buy a cheaper one and spend the extra $100 on something else for the shop.

[Edit to add...]

Never mind. I just noticed the drill you linked to is not a variable speed drill. You'll definitely need variable speed for sanding on a lathe. ;)

I looked at it a few years ago. The garage I worked at, had an OLD right angle drill, that from memory I think was a B&D. (guessing from the 70's, found the same model on Ebay, researching this) It was used for drilling out broken bolts and mostly (thankfully) for gasket removal. Your listed model was one of two I was looking at, when I found one being closed out:
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Point-ETB1330-Electric-Angle-Drill/dp/B000V5UN7O/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
I bought the Blue Point for around $57 shipped and the first use turned out to be drilling for electrical work in my parents basement. (contractor forgot his and my dad had asked)
There is a Makita that is closer to the B&D we had. After having one, they are on my must have list if doing remodeling of any kind, as well as vehicle work. (I can take a generator out on my brothers farm where I would have no air for tools)

:rofl:

Mike, whatever drill you get, I suggest getting one with a cord, and not a battery-powered one.

Amen, Bro. I have a nice 14.4V DeWalt drill that is essentially useless. The batteries died, IMHO, way-way prematurely. And, I'm :mad:
One new battery costs $80.00. Oddly, the batteries for the 18V model are two for $99.00. Good drill but I can only get about two holes out of a fully charged battery.

To clarify, I think battery powered power tools have their place...but bowl sanding on a lathe isn't one of them. The newer lithium ion batteries charge quickly, hold a charge for a long time, and have a much longer lifespan than the older NiCad or NiMH batteries.

Like Frank, I have several perfectly good older NiCad-powered drills that are headed to the trash because it's not worth buying new batteries for them. But the LiIon batteries for my Milwaukee drill and impact driver are still going strong after 4 years of use, though.

To clarify, I think battery powered power tools have their place...but bowl sanding on a lathe isn't one of them. The newer lithium ion batteries charge quickly, hold a charge for a long time, and have a much longer lifespan than the older NiCad or NiMH batteries.

Like Frank, I have several perfectly good older NiCad-powered drills that are headed to the trash because it's not worth buying new batteries for them. But the LiIon batteries for my Milwaukee drill and impact driver are still going strong after 4 years of use, though.

On the battery thing: I have two PC 1800D drills that came with NiCads; worked great for several years; batteries got stupid, but Lowe's had a pair marked down, so I was renewed for a while. When those started getting weak after a couple of years, I looked at getting them rebuilt. After checking around a bit more, I found a source for Li-Ion batteries plus charger on eBay for darn little more than the rebuild, so I went that direction. Not only do I have my favorite drills in service, I haven't had to worry about a battery issue in a long time now.