Thread: Predatory Marketing

Predatory Marketing

I wonder how one gets a viral post going?

I am really getting tired of pop-up videos from a vendor simply because, out of curiosity, I looked at a sample of their wares in another context. I am about to fire off an email to the CEO of said company before roasting them on FB. Do I get to name names in a pubic forum? If we all got to do that, these marketing practices would likely stop. In my case, I will tell said CEO why he won't get the sale from me and why this particular vendor is on my permanent 'do not buy from' list!

There! I feel a little better. But I'd still like to this go viral.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 11-20-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

I definitely take the time to let people know why I will avoid them at all costs in the future. Wood magazine is an example of a good product who's web presence is killing them. So many pop-ups. To add insult to injury, you have to log on and respond to a poll in order to leave them feedback. If I was irritated enough to leave them feedback in the first place, imagine how colorful I became after having to fight my way through two more levels of the stuff I am complaining about in order to complain!?!

I try to leave feedback, good and bad, as this should help steer folks towards an understanding of what their customer base are like. Predatory Marketers like Telemarketers and door-to-door solicitors are vacuous trolls (or the mindless minions of vacuous trolls) and cannot be trained or ever hope to earn a place in polite society.

To quote you "There! I feel a little better." Thanks.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    ....Predatory Marketers like Telemarketers and door-to-door solicitors are vacuous trolls (or the mindless minions of vacuous trolls) and cannot be trained or ever hope to earn a place in polite society....
    Strong message to follow!!

A coworker was commenting on how he friended one of his old classmates, who is now a body builder. Facebook has decided that body building is my coworker's passion now and every ad that shows there is for making something bigger on his body, except his wallet.

I peeve is the mass marketing postal mails, I've gotten into the habit of returning their postage paid envelops to them empty, (after marking out the tracking bar codes with a black marker), so they can pay for their annoyance twice.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Anything that may put those kinds of cookies, etc. on my systems, I tend to use an anonymous browser window. They don't need any more marketing info, and I don't Friendface (who gets the reference or has seen the video), to start a viral antimarketing campaign.