Milwaukee plunge base for 561X motors

glenn bradley

I think I've seen a few of you out there with these models. I have the 5615 and really like it. Per an email response to me Milwaukee will be releasing a plunge kit based on these models. The good news for me is that the base will be available as an accessory.

I just thought I would share in case, like me, any 561X owners were in the marked for a plunge. You may want to wait.

Mil 5615 plunge.jpg

It reviews well here:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ToolGuide/ToolGuideProduct.aspx?id=28710

That is teriffic news!!!! I like my 5615 better than my other two brands of routers in this size range. My DeWalt 621 is driving me crazy. The micro adjust turns when I am routing if I am not really careful and it just caused me to ruin two mortises in a benchtop. I am now wating for glue to dry with a new piece of wood in place to reroute. Sure wish that I had the 5615 plunge base now.

I could access the link that you posted but could not read the article because I am not a member. I tried a Google search to no avail. If you think about it would you repost here when the plunge base becomes available as an accessory in case that I miss it?

Thanks! Allen

I was overjoyed when I saw that in the current FWW! I've been considering a plunge router for awhile, and now i'm tickled to know that milwaukee finally came out with one. I can't wait till it's available to order!!! :D :D

Right there with you Glenn. I saw the article and went around looking for the base, without any luck. I love that router. I just hope they don't charge some ridiculous amount for the base.
Ken

The review is good, but I seldom see them address dust collection in these router reviews... :huh:

For me, the ability of a handheld router to get most of the chips when hooked up to a shop vac is a BIG factor, all things being equal.

My Hitachi M8 has a little clear plastic doohickey that works, but maybe gets 85% of the chips, still a heck of a lot better than nothing :thumb:

Still a good design, not an add on plastic doohickey can most likely get a lot more than that.

For me, in a confined space, the hand held router is the single biggest distributor of debris around the Dungeon (well not counting the lathe:rolleyes:) and when I pull the trigger for a new handheld router, the DC will weigh heavy in my decision making.

The Milwaukee sure looks good! :thumb:

I saw the article and went around looking for the base, without any luck.
Ken

Since FWW had a picture of it I though that milwaukeetool.com would at least have some information about it being available in the future or something. I could not find anything.

the DC will weigh heavy in my decision making.

It is kind of hard to tell from the photo but it does not appear to have any type of duct collection. It would be nice to see something about the base from Milwaukeee.