Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We got another friday here

We got another friday here

Working on calls this weekend. Picking up Jake and Sara Sunday at the Airport
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knee is moving ok, not fixed, but Im mobile enough Im going to fire up the heaters out there and actually get some woodworking done today, maybe tomorrow, and even sunday........wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhooooooo!

hope everyone like Tom, Steve, Bob, Rob, feels a bit better this weekend.

pain sucks, big time, discomfort sucks, big time, once again, getting older isn't for sissy's

time to go butcher up some wood.

(no one can see it here, but I have a big goofy smile on my face, feeling so much better Im exhilarated.)
    Human Test Dummy

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    More rearranging in the shop, just to mess it all up again tomorrow & Sunday getting all the X-Mas decorations down from the shop attic, along with making room up there for all of the garage sale boxes eating up space on the shop floor> Ladder work, luv it with these 'old as me' knees

May also tear into the guitar neck and do some more refining of the shape while I get ready for the bridge replacement.

Other than that, burning up some firewood to keep warm today, & waiting for the warmup Sat & Sun to make a mud pit of the place...can't win this time of year
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning. My mom's brother, Ray, lost his battle with multiple ailments on Wed. morning. He was 83, 14 yrs older than my mom. He was tired of fighting and ready to go. He is now reunited with his lovely wife, Rosemary, who past away over 20yrs ago. He was a fun and very eccentric man that taught me a lot about being true to yourself and accepting everyone for who they are and want to be. Starting tonight lot of family that hasn't been together for quite some time will enjoy celebrating his life.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    My condolences to you & yours Jeff...
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Installing circulating venting in the ceiling,

Alan I scheduled left knee replacement for January.
    Your that bad also.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

2 more mortises to go on the timber framed shade structure's main frame. Maybe tomorrow. Otherwise working the weekend as usual. If I get the mortises done, then I will need to schedule some help to stand it up in its place. WooHoo! Then the roof structure. Might get done by next summer at the rate this project has been going...
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    ...(no one can see it here, but I have a big goofy smile on my face, feeling so much better Im exhilarated.)
    I couldn't see the goofy smile, but I could feel it from here.

Saturday daytime my wife is headed to a baby shower, so I'll be doing some maintenance and setup work on one or two guitars, including a new (to me) Stratocaster. (This makes Strat #3...I needed one with a rosewood fingerboard instead of maple, lol. It's a "Made in Mexico" 1995 reissue of the 1962 model...has some pretty curl in the maple neck and it sounds good. Just need to set the action to my liking.) Saturday night we're heading to a friend's birthday party.

Sunday we continue the house hunt. There are quite a few properties available here (buyer's market)...just a matter of finding a place with the things each of us want. (And of course, we both have different priorities as to what we want.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Still flattening that bench slab and figuring out what kind of legs to put on it. Looking for my wife's lost cat.
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 11-21-2014 at 08:02 PM.