Thread: pocket door problems - RESOLVED!

pocket door problems - RESOLVED!

I have a pocket door separating the bedroom from the short hallway in my motorhome. I suspect the door has derailed somehow. I can't get it to close. Was that way when I got this thing. Opening a wall is not an option! Don't know if the hardware is the same as a regular house pocket door or if I am dealing with a horse of another color.

So. Any ideas I might try to get this thing to work properly?
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 11-24-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Some info on the track...

http://rvmaintenancetips.com/how-to-...-roller-track/

Not sure what to tell you about getting the door pulled out in order to get to it though. Can it be moved up or down to work it free? You didn't nail up a picture on the wall hiding the door did you?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

No joy on that site. But thanks, Darren.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pocket door 2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	87452

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pocket door 1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	87453

The door is between the closets and the bathroom. It would be a major dig to get at it through a wall! I stuck my finger in as far as it would go and could not feel a roller. The door also hangs straight and is off the floor, so one would think it is on the track. There does not appear to be any kind of bottom track that I could see with a flashlight. The door wiggles from side to side but will not pull out. I do not see anything either in the closets or the bathroom that would show where the wall would have been penetrated.

I am stymied.

I have a guest coming and wanted to offer the bedroom with some privacy. I hope I don't have to hang a sheet!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Carol Reed

Looks like it pulls out a couple of inches from your pic. If that is the case, in the first pic there appears to be a screw that may be hanging down that might be blocking things.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Carol,

The one I have in our basement bathroom has a removable door frame trim piece. You remove it and then when you pull the door into the opening, you have access with thin wrenches to the roller slides mounted to the top of the door.
    Ken
    ------

Can you get a pry bar underneath it to raise it up a bit, then move the top back and forth to see if you can feel a roller anywhere? Also, I wonder, since it's a motor home is there a hidden spring latch somewhere that would keep the door from sliding to and fro as the vehicle travels?

Ted, you might have something there. Off to the RV forum and see what I can stir up.
    ++++++

Carol Reed

Thanks, Ted. You got me on the right path.

Turns out there is Velcro, of all things, the door bumps into to keep it open. Way in the back, well out of sight. Some vigorous wiggling, the sound of small rips, and voila! Open Sesame!

Happy camper this Monday Morning. Hope the rest of the day goes as well. Next up, the IRS!
    ++++++

Carol Reed