Got a Printer Question

Paul Douglass

I am looking at a pattern to purchase from a business in Europe. The pattern comes in a PDF file, and the gentleman say I would need an A3 printer to print it on. I not sure what that mean although it looks like an A3 printer uses 11.7 x 16.5 paper. If it is in a PDF file can I print it as a poster on my 8.5 x 11 printer? I don't know if that makes sense. Or, can I print it on 8.5 x 11 and take that to a copier in increase the size? Will that distort of loose the proper measurement?? I don't really know what I'm asking here. I'd like to get the pattern, of coarse electronically is cheaper than hard copy but I don't want a file I can't get printer.

I have a Dell printer, and the program to control it is called the print driver.

I can force bigger things to print on 8.5 x 11 by changing a few setings on it.

Maybe your printer has the some type of control?

I go to Start/Control Panel/Printers/ and then right click on the printer. When I do

that mine brings up the settings. Once that happens I go to the Advanced tab,

then Paper Tab, then click scale to page.

I think I have it worked out. I could not load a .pdf file into Posterazor to print it as a poster so I took the .pdf file into Gimp. Exported it as a .jpeg file and than Posterazor would accept it and I could print it as a poster, tape the pages together like I have done other oversize patterns.