Thread: Cutting Board Design Software

Yorktown, Virginia

Cutting Board Design Software

I noticed that Ned was playing with CB design in SketchUp and remembered that I used to have a free cutting board design program called CB Designer that worked pretty darn good. I lost it when my old laptop died. When I went to download it today my security software removed it as a threat (nothing specific, just that it was old and unreliable--kinda like me). After a struggle, I overrode the security and, following some special instructions it started and ran well.
    Googling cutting board design software got me to another program called Cutting Board Designer It's a pay program and I decided to risk ten bucks or so to see if it worked any better. It works as advertised, but I kinda still like the free one better.

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Thanks for taking one for the team Ted. Good to know.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

falcon heights, minnesota
    i sent ned the cb designer one when he first started this adventure. i use it all the time.
    benedictione omnes bene

Yorktown, Virginia
    I noticed this guy has come out with an updated version of his software. I downloaded it tonight and after scanning with Norton, opened it up and tried it. It works. Some improvements on the GUI and the ability to load your own wood files.

I downloaded it, but the screens are all messed up. Buttons are overlaying each other and hiding some of the text boxes...

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    I took a look at it, but it seemed pretty basic. The designs it would let me do were the kind of designs I can do at the workbench. If I were going to use this kind of software, I would want to be able to design end grain boards with slanted forms, to produce the op-art kind of patterns I've seen on some boards. I skimmed the help files, but didn't see any way to do this kind of thing. Did I miss something?

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln