Jet clamps 50% off

Hey Steve you aint at all connected to this.

Well i called International tool today and the lady told me that the issue was JET. Seems they were not prepared to honor their sale to the vendor. Subsequently she said International Tool had been back and forth to them and they seem to have come around to honoring their sale but they dont have the stock and there is no indication from them at this stage as to when they will get the stock and she said they still have not definitely committed to honoring their sale.
She said to sit tight and they would be sending an email to everyone that placed and order and letting them know of the status.

Well I guess another case of a Corporate promotion gone wrong, how to damage a brand Jet. Guess we now know why Bessey leads the field in this category.

If i were Bessey brand manager, right now i would be offering all the disgruntled JET prospective customers an option of buying Bessey at the same price and wiping Jet clamps off the face of the earth.

According to International Tools they sold over 2000 clamps and Jet was not prepared for this. So Jet went to a gunfight with a knife way to go Jet,,,,,NOT.

Think i will make up a survey.....something like .......after the recent Jet sale fiasco would you buy a Jet product again ...........my answer is absolutely NOT.

I guess someone at Jet figures bad publicity is still publicity.

I got caught in a similar situation a couple of years ago with worksharp and home depot. They both stepped up and made it right in the end. They are still getting my business because of how they handled it.

Maybe Jet will do the same?

Well i sent off an email to Jet directly and here is the party line i got back.

"Our distributors were informed that the ½ price clamp sale was effective while supplies lasted or to run no later than 12/1/2014 whichever came first. Once the quantity on hand was depleted the item would no longer be eligible for the discount.

Despite our distributor’s best efforts to forecast Black Friday clamp sales, the demand exceeded some distributors’ supplies.

Please talk to your local distributor with whom you placed your order.

Regards,

DeWayne St Laurent
Internet Support
Direct 1-800-274-6848
Email dstlaurent@jpwindustries.com
JPW Industries
427 New Sanford Road
LaVergne, TN 37086
www.jpwindustries.com"

Note how they dont bother with dear sir or hey dog its just the party line, i bet they got this email programmed in their system and hit the send button when they get an inquiry.

Here is the exact email i sent them.

Hi Jet

I would like to know if Jet plans on honouring the various orders that they have received from vendors who supported the recent Jet promotion on the Jet line of parallel clamps.

I placed a significant order via International Tools only to find out that there is a question now as to whether this order will be honored by Jet.

Rather than listen to the grapevine or internet forum chatter I contacted International Tool who in turn advised me that the problem lies with Jet.

So can someone like the Brand manager at Jet please advise me as to what the status of these orders is going to be. I find it hard to believe that Jet conducted a promotion of this kind without having the stock or determined pricing and fulfillment support issues before the promotion. Do you really expect woodworkers to believe you are such idiots.

Just for your own info this issue is creating a great deal of negative publicity for the Jet brand, there may be some in your marketing department that may think this is an ingenious way of securing exposure but I can assure you this is not a political race where negative publicity works.

For my part I want to hear from the horse’s mouth so to speak as to the status of these orders. Given when I placed my order is close to a month away from Xmas I had expected that this order would be in the mail within a week.

I have yet to receive any confirmation of shipping or even if this matter will be cleared up as I understand from International Tool that they do not have confirmation from Jet.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rob Keeble

So there you have the standard corporate line. From my perspective this was a cheap publicity stunt on the part of JET and they wont be seeing my business ever. I wont waste any more of my time with them or their brand.

This sounds more to me like they revised their design and wanted to clear everything out of the product supply channel. The real question is how effectively this was communicated to the distributors and resellers and whether or not they (International Tools in this case) passed that information to the consumer. Tough to find the advertisements at this point but the Woodsmith Store flyer says "While Supplies Last." That would lead me to believe that it's a communication issue, not an intentional gimmick campaign.

wanted to mention, I made an order with acme.
same deal, free shipping, and on THEIR website, they list, IN STOCK, and that's important. If its the stock on hand, you want to know if its in stock.
Presenting a black Friday sale.(maybe its me, but usually black Friday sales are usually large as far as hot items), if you are going to list while stock lasts, you should let the public know you might only have 14 clamps in stock. NO rain checks. We could have all moved to a different site and tried our luck.

I sold a lot of toys in my day out of my retail store. One year I decided to put the hottest doll on the market on sale black Friday.(I never did a big black Friday business, its for the malls and huge stores, people filter down to us during the last few weeks before holiday)
It was a doll called teacher Barbie.
I advertised it, and I was getting phone call after phone call people wanted to give cc over phone, reserve a few, it was total insanity.
What did I do? Why did I do it?
I wasn't in work that weds before thanksgiving, but I called the manager and told him, count the dolls, put a huge 6 foot sign in window right now stating 183 or how many you have in stock. When supply is gone, sale is over!
He had to fend off people who were furious at him for not selling it to him weds night, again, total insanity. What did I do?
Friday morning, I opened, when I got there, we had a line around the block waiting to buy that stupid doll, Teacher Barbie.
Ofcourse, we sold out, we limited 3 per customer, but I gave the best warning I could, because when you advertise a product that everyone wants, you have to do it with the intention of making the customer happy, not advertising outrageous prices then tell everyone we ran out before the SALE TIME EVEN STARTED!!!!!!!!!

ok enough for teacher Barbie in a clamp thread.

btw, people were offering me their first born for tickle me elmo the first year it came out.

Instead of selling the few I got, I entered everyone in a raffle who spent 100 dollars in my store, Gave them away. drummed up tons of business.

IM not angry anymore, I got over it, hopefully Ill get some from acme.

Last edited:
Pssst, Rob, here is the December sale from Federated Tool here in London (Ontario, Canada, folks!) http://www.federatedtool.com/12-01.pdf

They've still got some Gross-Stabil parallel clamps, and from browsing this thread their price is comparable to the Jet ones. But of course they don't have the Jet quick release.

I'd take the Gross-Stabil clamps any day over the Jet clamps. ;) They also beat Bessey K-bodies, IMO.

Making fun of me?

You're 20 years too late

Although I did send some furby 's to a member here years ago so his granddaughter wouldn't be disappointed

I always took care of family first

If I had one I'd send you one