Jet clamps 50% off

My last batch from Acme is on the truck and to be delivered today. Sure hope it gets here and gone before the wife gets home:thumb:

:rofl: :rofl:

I timed it poorly, my order doesn't look like it will get in until Tuesday and she gets back Sunday (yes I finally succumbed to the sweet allure of parallel clamps.. I don't have any parallel clamps so this will be an interesting addition to the clamp rack). Its all good though, she doesn't make to much fun of my tools and I don't make to much fun of the buckets of unspun wool :D

Well the clamps have arrived and been put away. Time to use the ol' "well I have had those for ever".

I did get an email from International today. The saga continues.

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, due to the huge volume of sales, the Jet clamps you ordered have been oversold, and at this time, we do not have a definite shipping date for them. However, we have completed negotiations with Jet to resolve the inventory issues and will be able to fulfil all clamp orders, at the sale price. As they are currently on factory back order with Jet, shipping times will be dependent on when they become available from them.

As soon as we have more information about the shipping date, we will forward that to you.

We strive to keep all our customers satisfied, and we appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
International Tool Sales Team

Will let you make your own conclusions.

strange, I spoke with customer service and they told me jet will not honor the prices for the sale.

Yep:

"RE: Your Jet Clamp Order[FONT=arial, Helvetica, sans serif]Dear Valued Customer,[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Helvetica, sans serif]Unfortunately, due to the huge volume of sales, the Jet clamps you ordered have been oversold, and at this time, we do not have a definite shipping date for them. However, we have completed negotiations with Jet to resolve the inventory issues and will be able to fulfil all clamp orders, at the sale price. As they are currently on factory back order with Jet, shipping times will be dependent on when they become available from them. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Helvetica, sans serif]As soon as we have more information about the shipping date, we will forward that to you.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Helvetica, sans serif]We strive to keep all our customers satisfied, and we appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Helvetica, sans serif]Sincerely,
International Tool Sales Team
1-800-338-3384 "[/FONT]

I got that email also.

Im guessing they got a lot of bad publicity and are doing their best to make good.

Just in case anyone thinks different, posting here is read by more people than you think.

glenn: It was the reason I posted in the first place. Customer service told me Jet will not honor the pricing for the sale, and I should wait for an email with some type of offering to compensate for the inconvenience.
It takes a lot to tick me off over an order, I get backorders all the time.
I was told specifically, no backorders, jet will not honor the pricing.

I hope Jet stands tall and starts sending out 1000s of clamps to international so they can ship them.

Last edited:
Well as Art posted, i knew of that Gros Stabil offer and after cancelling my Jet order, i ordered 16 Gross Stabil clamps. Now i have to arrange to get them to my place its a 4 hour round trip to collect the they dont ship economically.
@Vaughn, i remembered your view of those clamps going back some years so it was a no brainer to me to change tack.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Got my 16 Gros Stabil clamps today. Now i am set in the parallel clamp dept for the moment. Finally. Now more bending bars. My average price was $30 inc our taxes. Got 8x 24 4x 32 and 4x 40.

Yeah John one thing that was really cool about that Jet deal was the free shipping. Shipping is a killer cost on something like clamps they heavy. My lot was around 100 lbs.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Got my 16 Gros Stabil clamps today. Now i am set in the parallel clamp dept for the moment. Finally. Now more bending bars. My average price was $30 inc our taxes. Got 8x 24 4x 32 and 4x 40.

That's a good size array Rob and a great price. You will find they solve a lot of clamping ills.

The saga continues, but there is alight at the end of the tunnel

Dear Valued Customer,

As we have emailed you previously, and due to the huge volume of sales, the Jet clamps you ordered are on backorder with Jet. However, we now have an update for estimated shipping times on the clamps.

Item Number Estimated Ship Date
70401 12/23/2014
70402 12/23/2014
70411 12/23/2014
70412 12/23/2014
70460 12/23/2014
70424 2/20/2015
70431 2/20/2015
70440 2/20/2015
70450 2/20/2015

Maybe now Jet and others will realize the true price-point of their product in today's market; half of what they are asking :). I hope they show up promptly and in pristine condition Steve.

Got a call from International Tools this morning confirming shipping information on the clamps I ordered back in November. Betty said they would ship tomorrow. This was an interesting deal:):thumb:

Got the following email this afternoon:

Your order for clamps is ready to ship. Please give our office a call with your credit card information so that we can get your order shipped.
Best Regards,
Betty
International Tool Corp.
Customer Service Team
1-800-338-3384
1-954-792-4403
F 954-792-3560

Betty said I should have my order Tuesday.

Better late than never???