Thread: Lee Valley Cyber Monday 2014

Lee Valley Cyber Monday 2014

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah! I went, I saw, I was lucky---they didn't have anything I desperately needed.

It is sure one heck of a great place to shop when what you need is what is on sale.

Enjoy, and have fun keeping the economy alive.
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Thank you! I just popped for all the cabinet knobs for the house! 100 of 'em. At that price they can go on shop cabinets! WooHoo!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Geesh Glenn did you get anything? What time at night did one have to get up to get a plane on this sale. I aint camping or outside a store for anything ever. Was looking to get a smoothing plane but all gone. Oh well it was a want not a need.
    cheers

The sale started at 9pm in my time zone (PST) so it wasn't too painful. I was sorely tempted to go for the shooting plane at $90 off! I had dad on the phone while we perused the goodies and we kind of kept each other in check. I notice both Dovetail Saws (14 and 20 TPI) are still available for $45 each. The Cyber Monday sale a couple of years ago is where I got my saw and a few other items that I really wanted but, just couldn't talk myself into. At 60-odd % of the regular price I was easier to convince. Of the 3 or 4 Lee Valley 'seconds' I have, I have only been able to find what might be the blemish on one of them. The DT saw handle has a bit of odd color in one spot.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah east coast midnight is pretty good fit us west coaters . The shooting plane was indeed tempting, but I've gotten by without it so far so...

Besides I'd already spent more than I wanted to at the tools for working wood clearance where I got a couple of really looking nice rasps, a warrington hammer, couple of chisels (because yeah I need more chisels they're nice upgrades I hope anyway) and a thread chasing kit. The only saw vice in the discount bin got snagged before I got to it but I succumbed and added one to the cart anyway because I've wanted one since they came out and they sure aren't getting any cheaper, should be a bit nicer than two boards in the machinest vice anyway I think.