Bessey's 12 days of Christmas

So on the third, what do I do?

So far it's been different each year, I think they do have a page you register through on facebook, they did the last two years. The first year they gave you the clamps/tools for that day and every day you registered, last year they picked x number of winners from all the entries for that day. I think someone here did win one or two from it.

I went to the Bessey page. It said "post on their Facebook page" each day. It said a winner each day would be picked from the daily postings. I just found the announcement of dates - in the picture at the top of their page, where it is covered by Facebook buttons. The form is apparently for winners to complete. They say you have to check each day to see if you won, but then they say the winners will get an email.

I am glad their clamps are better than the way they run their contest, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

'Like' them won't do it this time around :(

"All you have to do is keep checking the BESSEY® Facebook page daily, comment on the activity, and check back to see if you won. Winners will be posted by noon EST the following day. Emails will also be sent to the winners requiring a response to claim the prize. Only comments on the daily post will act as an entry into the giveaway. Likes will not count."

Not sure if you have to 'belong' to FB or not ... I'm a 'not'

Today is the first day (starting at 730am somewhere) and they make it clearer. They have a post that includes a question for your comments... Today it is "What is one BESSEY® item that everyone should have on their wish list? Why?." There is a "grand prize" each day and 5 smaller prizes each day.

For those who are not on Facebook (perhaps because of it's bad reputation), fear not. Do not post stupid things, like "I am going to be on vacation for the next two weeks. Here is a picture of my house while I am gone." Digital cameras include GPS coordinates in the picture, to help you identify the mystery picture, unless you turn it off (I have). Facebook has a feature that it will look for "friends" who are near you. In order to do that, it has to know where you are. I turn that off (and never use it). The games are controlled by others who may not follow the rules as well as Facebook, so I do not play games on Facebook. But Facebook has allowed me to stay in touch with more distant friends and relatives. It is good for me, but like any powerful tool, has to be used with care. It can be as safe as any forum... like familywoodworking.org

Looks like someone named Steve Southwood won a secondary prize yesterday....could there be more than one Steve Southwood?? :D Congrats!