Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and its Friday!

Escondido, CA

...and its Friday!

Did some woodworking yesterday. See the turning board.

Today, hopefully the last two mortises of the shade structure which keep getting shuffled to the bottom of the pile.

And the laundry. Fun. Not.

Saturday and Sunday is the day job. as usual.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

falcon heights, minnesota
    setting up for the holiday boutique at the y (with a short pre-sale sale), and the actual sale tomorrow.
    benedictione omnes bene

North West Indiana
    Hopefully if the weather holds, taking the old outside wood boiler off of the concrete pad and installing a brand new one. Will try to get pictures.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    one word and it has 4 letters..... WORK.... Sunday is the last Day of Medicare open enrollment and I will be busy all weekend taking care of those folks who have waited until the last minute to make up their minds about switching plans. The application have to be in my hands no later the midnight Sunday. At least on Monday I can go back into semi-retirement for the next 45 weeks.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Yorktown, Virginia
    Putting up Christmas lights. Putting together a router planer sled and clearing space for said sled to plane in.

DSM, IA
    Have a soup/wine party to attend tonight at my SIL's house. I'm bringing beer. Tomorrow will be an early one as I have to head north about 40mins and set up for a holiday market event It's at a winery that has just started producing beer as well...can't wait to sample some. Out to dinner with the wife Saturday night probably spending the $$ I make at the market. Sunday will be football and chili...GO PACK GO!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    I've been told that I am replacing ceiling tiles in the laundry room this weekend, a couple hours work. Other than that, going to church on Sunday, and to a Christmas gathering, and dreaming a lot.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Weird schedule today; into work late, back at home, off to a remote location and more from home into the evening hours. That just means I got to put some finish on a few Christmas presents this morning and hope to work on a cutting board between a couple of scheduled events this evening. The rest of the weekend is divided up between loved ones and shop time. I really should run a vacuum around the house. That seems to get skipped too often .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Kansas City, Missouri
    Been fighting a cold, but no rest for the weary. Hoping to get the bases for the high chairs completed, also need to get some poly going on some stair treads. Having dinner with friends for my wife's birthday one night this weekend, so somewhat of a date night. Need to get some xmas shopping started also.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

ABQ NM
    Like Darren, I'm also fighting a cold. No firm plans for the weekend, but I'll likely be shopping and playing around with kitchen design stuff. As part of our Black Friday shopping last Friday, Kian and I bought a house. OK, we didn't actually buy it yet, but we saw the house early Friday afternoon, submitted an offer shortly afterward, and received acceptance of the offer (in the form of a signed contract) before dinnertime. The closing date is set for December 29, although we'll close sooner than that if the seller is moved out in time. We had the inspections done Wednesday, and aside from a few minor issues, everything looks good to go. But the kitchen is in dire need of an update, so that's going to be the first major project.

Also need to spend some time this weekend getting some of my spare music gear photographed and listed for sale. Gotta make room for some new gear coming in next Tuesday.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan