...and its Friday!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Did some woodworking yesterday. See the turning board.

Today, hopefully the last two mortises of the shade structure which keep getting shuffled to the bottom of the pile.

And the laundry. Fun. Not.

Saturday and Sunday is the day job. as usual.

one word and it has 4 letters..... WORK.... Sunday is the last Day of Medicare open enrollment and I will be busy all weekend taking care of those folks who have waited until the last minute to make up their minds about switching plans. The application have to be in my hands no later the midnight Sunday. At least on Monday I can go back into semi-retirement for the next 45 weeks.

Have a soup/wine party to attend tonight at my SIL's house. I'm bringing beer. :rolleyes: Tomorrow will be an early one as I have to head north about 40mins and set up for a holiday market event It's at a winery that has just started producing beer as well...can't wait to sample some. Out to dinner with the wife Saturday night probably spending the $$ I make at the market.:doh: Sunday will be football and chili...GO PACK GO!!

Weird schedule today; into work late, back at home, off to a remote location and more from home into the evening hours. That just means I got to put some finish on a few Christmas presents this morning and hope to work on a cutting board between a couple of scheduled events this evening. The rest of the weekend is divided up between loved ones and shop time. I really should run a vacuum around the house. That seems to get skipped too often :eek:.

Been fighting a cold, but no rest for the weary. Hoping to get the bases for the high chairs completed, also need to get some poly going on some stair treads. Having dinner with friends for my wife's birthday one night this weekend, so somewhat of a date night. Need to get some xmas shopping started also.

Like Darren, I'm also fighting a cold. No firm plans for the weekend, but I'll likely be shopping and playing around with kitchen design stuff. As part of our Black Friday shopping last Friday, Kian and I bought a house. :woohoo: OK, we didn't actually buy it yet, but we saw the house early Friday afternoon, submitted an offer shortly afterward, and received acceptance of the offer (in the form of a signed contract) before dinnertime. :D The closing date is set for December 29, although we'll close sooner than that if the seller is moved out in time. We had the inspections done Wednesday, and aside from a few minor issues, everything looks good to go. But the kitchen is in dire need of an update, so that's going to be the first major project.

Also need to spend some time this weekend getting some of my spare music gear photographed and listed for sale. Gotta make room for some new gear coming in next Tuesday. ;)

So...how's the garage at the house? Kitchen first and then a shop build thread?

Two car garage with finished walls and some old cabinets here and there. Once the current owners completely vacate it, I'll start coming up with plans for storage and shop layout. One of the selling points for the house is that the service panel has already been upgraded to 200 amps, and it's already in the garage. Also, there's room on the outside of the garage for a compressor/DC shed. :thumb: Oh, and at one point there was a woodstove in the corner of the garage, so I'll be looking into the idea of putting one back in.

So...how's the garage at the house? Kitchen first and then a shop build thread?

I'm hoping for more shag carpet... :saythat:

As for me... I've got a few cajon's on the go. One is a commission, one is on spec...
IMG_4260.jpgIMG_4262.jpg

I should get in a few hours on them. Otherwise the plan is to kill a fir tree and stand it up in our LR, and we have a concert (to attend) on Saturday evening.

...art

Two car garage with finished walls and some old cabinets here and there. Once the current owners completely vacate it, I'll start coming up with plans for storage and shop layout. One of the selling points for the house is that the service panel has already been upgraded to 200 amps, and it's already in the garage. Also, there's room on the outside of the garage for a compressor/DC shed. :thumb: Oh, and at one point there was a woodstove in the corner of the garage, so I'll be looking into the idea of putting one back in.

That's great Vaughn!! Looking forward to seeing it become your studio! :thumb: But yes Art...it is to bad no shag carpeting...maybe the living room?

...Seems like Cynthia's cabinet thread will be of some help. :D...

True, although I'm not planning to build my own. I may go the ready-to-assemble route, but I want these done and installed sometime before I'm 100 years old, lol. There are other cabinets in the house that I'll likely build new doors for in the future, though.

Congratulations on the new place! 200 amps should handle the sub-woofer, but what about the rest of the gear?