Clockkit clocks.

WOW - what a shocker.

I never would have known there were two different companies with the same name. I wonder if there are legal ramifications going on with that.

I get the Klockit flyer in the mail and I would have searched out THAT "K" company, but just by nature of the mail flyer.

Glad the "C" company took care of you - the proof is IF they quickly fix the web site misinformation.

All is well that ends well!

The correct movements came in and I was able to get the Christmas gifts finished. It actually worked out for as the lager clock face looks better balanced that the smaller one would have. I made a template out of 1/2" plywood and carefully centered it on each clock with 3M double stick tape. I finished them with about 3 coats of danish oil and then rubbed a few coats of lacquer on top. I did a final light sanding and sprayed a coat of semi-gloss lacquer. All are ready for their new homes!

It was a fun project and had some good leaning experiences thrown in too!

1213141218.jpg1214141615.jpg1214141615a.jpg1214141616.jpg

Thanks Ken and Ted!

I'm glad it worked out for sure. After thinking about it, I'm kinda glad things worked out as they did, it got me out of my comfort zone and had to really think how to "fix" this one. I've never used a pattern and pattern bit in a router table. If fact the only time I've used a Pat. bit was this last Summer helping a man cut, trim, and install Corian material.. Always learning.

Oh boy Royall those clocks came out great. Good save but i think you dead on with the bigger clock being better. Like the clock faces you have chosen, they nice large numbers and clear. I cant stand the Roman numeral types. Good pleasing shape and lovely color mix with the two woods. Recipients are going to love them.

Few years back Lindas company had a secret Santa event at their annual Xmas party and some lady brought a clock, oh boy did it stir the pot with everyone wanting to steal the clock. It changed hands a dozen times. (just in case you dont know the game their secret santa scheme allows the next person that selects a gift to take one off the floor from someone that has already opened one. Was quiet a hoot.)

Looks good, Royall. :clap:

Seeing your pictures, I can't help but wonder what a group of clocks is called. A clutch of clocks? A tribe of timepieces? An assembly of accronometers? :)

Thanks Vaughn.... I asked my girl friend what a bunch of clocks would be called....After I read you possibilities to her, she just shook her head and asked me if all woodworkers are the same as she's been putting up with me and my jokes for awhile now!! LOL :rolleyes::D I told her that all woodworkers were the same....... Great!! :thumb:

I agree clockkit.com is a poor site (they use pro bit forstner bits, I assume that is who you are using, Klockit does not use Pro bits), I use Klockit with a "K" a completely different site and much better site for small clock inserts and gives you much more info, no ambiguity on this site , they still send you too the forstner bit page where all are listed, but you can easily find the referenced bit on the page and easily add to cart. Doesn't help you on this deal, but for future orders I would use Klockit site., never had a problem and cus service is great.

http://www.klockit.com/

edit: might try this clock insert for your current problem, used it before and it is a nice piece works great and beautiful pictures doesn't do it justice. It is a bit bigger and with a rubber insert for you hole should cure your problem of a 2 3/4 hole while the clock will still cover the extra added rubber ring

http://www.klockit.com/products/dept-31__sku-15005.html

Also you can in a pinch just use rubber bands to use up the space needed for the hole or duct tape etc... most of these clock inserts are fiction fitted, no one will know...lol

Mark called it on this. There are two different measurements on an insert...clock face finished diameter and the hole diameter for the mechanism. Those rubber bands that hold your broccoli bunch together...excellent!! Klockit is a great company for time piece and informal weather station instrumentation. And those look great by the way!! Well done sir.