cold, rainy weather food

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Prediction for for cold rainy weather later this week. I got ready for it today. Have to work Tuesday and Wednesday. Beside chili is better when it steeps. Or is that tea? Or brews? No, that beer. Whatever chili does. Its better as it ages. With me, that pot won't last long. Hopefully I'll get some frozen for later before I eat

chili.jpg

Oh ya! What time should I be there?? Love Chilli. We have an annual chilli feed with the local families and each family brings some homemade chilli they have made. We eat chilli and weather permitting I build a fire in the fire pit out side. We sip a little brew, eat chilli and BS each other. Great day, great fun. So far this year we have had to cancel the first day I scheduled, but we will get it done.

Last time I checked, San Diego basically has the perfect weather ever, anywhere on the planet :rofl::rofl::rofl: However I'd go with plain tortilla chips, Santitas are my favorite. Don't forget the chopped onion, shredded cheese and sour cream. What time is dinner? Be there in eight hours :thumb:

Well, I just had a sample bowl. It can be better.

San Diego does have beautiful weather. That is why I made the sacrifice to live here. Someone has to! But occasionally our prayers for rain are answered and then the cold wind blows down from the north, meets the warm wet air from the southwest and we have rain. The bottom drops out of our thermometer, meaning it gets below 60º. Freezing for me! Lows in the 40's. Brrrr.

Each to his own. I'll suck it up here and endure.

Meanwhile the chili needs something....

BTW, you Dowell's are welcome anytime, along with any FWW members. But I ain't the cook Brent is!

Well i prefer a good curry. See influence of Indians amd Malays to SA cusine. ;)
Good curry aint just hot and hey protein component can be lamb, chicken, beef( although in my view beef dries out in stew type dishes).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk