Shop Vac / Dust Deputy - Status Report

glenn bradley

I built this rig back at the end of July. It has settled in quite well below my wall mounted tool storage.

Ridgid Vac Mad v1 (17).jpg

Tonight I emptied the bucket for the 18th time. I thought I better check the filter and the greatly reduced waste chamber that was to catch everything that got past the Dust Deputy.

This is what the filter looks like.

Ridgid Vac Mad v1 (18).jpg

This is what got past the Dust Deputy and into the "waste" area.

Ridgid Vac Mad v1 (19).jpg

I think I will go ahead with plans to modify my other vac that serves the DP, scrollsaw and smaller bandsaw.

That dust deputy sure deserves a place in the history pages as one that has done the most for woodworkers across the board. They amazing. You got a great design there Glenn.

Ken i share your view too. :thumb:

Would really like to see a single new post of a full Glenn shop tour. Then i can drool over the computer once and wipe it up.

I'm a big fan as well. I have mine pretty much dedicated to doing dust extraction for my ROS sander.

I emptied the bucket this past weekend and was surprised just how full of dust and how fine the dust was in the bucket.

I must have had at least 4 gallons of 'dust' in there.

I use a back as an additional back up for it, and have used it ever now and then for some other cleanup duty, so can't quite post the same 'wow' pic of a clean filter.

I would not run my sander without it it though.