Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDWG

Yorktown, Virginia

On another of his excellent threads, Glenn made an observation that hit so close to home, it gave me pause to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    ....You ever see people who have a snow-drift of tools and scrap on their bench from yesterday? They waste 25% of their work time just looking for stuff or moving stuff from one work surface to another....
    ....And with this inspiration, so begins the Snow-Drift Woodworkers Guild (SDWG, or Snowdawgs) dedicated to all of us who spend their days maintaining fitness and agility by nimbly tripping over shop vac hoses, lawn mower parts and recycle bins while trying to find that special piece of wood, and increasing our brain power by spending long periods sitting quietly and trying to remember where we put the reading glasses...the ones resting comfortably on top of our head. Members must first qualify by submitting photo evidence of shop clutter where at least 50% of tools are hidden under "stuff" and at least one photo of a drawer full of tape measures, purchased because they can never remember where they laid down the last one they were using. Do you have what it takes to be a Snowdawg? Here's my proof, lets see yours:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage 028.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	87764 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage 023.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	87763

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    On a scale of 0 to 100 I am at about 80

Your shop being at 0

Total unbelievable organization - 100

Not sure I qualify

DSM, IA
    Oh Boy....wait until I get home.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Outside the beltway
    it can also be called the ADHD guild, LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

If I have to compare my shop with those pics, I would not qualify, specially now that I've made a major clean up and tydied it to make room for my new TS that I hope will arrive in January. Some time in the past I guess I would qualify but not at that level.
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    Ted, trust me, I qualify, but no Way am I posting a pic of the shop right now.

Thomasville, GA
    Sure wish I were perfect like some folks in this thread!

Film at 11..........
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Love the drawer 'full-o-tape-measures'. I have 4 in the shop, and the kitchen, office and bedroom get 1 each as well . . . oh wait . . . and 3 over at LOML's house .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

London, Ontario
    one of the reasons I wear an apron in the shop -- the tape measure sits in the pocket.

(usually )
    There's usually more than one way to do it... ........

Reno NV
    This is actually pretty organized for me, but I think I qualify just from the sheer quantity of items in this image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdwgmembership.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	87772
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash