New "Guitar Amp" Part II

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you might have already seen this on Facebook, but Santa came a bit early this year, and he really outdid himself this time...

Axe-Fx and MFC-101 - 01 - 1024.jpg

Meet the Fractal Audio Amp-Fx II Mark II with the MFC-101 Mark III foot controller. In a nutshell, it's the very best guitar amp and effect modeling device made. It has extremely accurate emulations of nearly 200 highly desirable guitar amps, about the same number of different speaker cabinets, and hundreds of effects. Despite the many switches and fancy lights, it can be as simple or complex as I want to make it. I can choose any of the 300+ factory sounds, or adjust any of thousands of parameters to make my own sounds. I can even feed it an audio clip of a sound I like and have it match the tone, then save that sound for future use. It is indeed the bomb. :guitar: :D

It is indeed the bomb. :guitar: :D

Kaboom!

atomic-bomb-o.gif

Attachments

• atomic-bomb-o.jpg
    atomic-bomb-o.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 6
:headbang: Now does the whatchamacallit play guitar too. :rolleyes:

I think this calls for a you tube demo clip so we can crank our speaker sound and hear each one of your ??? dozens of guitars in turn. Now that would be cool the longest solo played on x many guitars in one run.

You might even get into the book of records on that one:thumb:.:congrats: Hope it turns out to be everything you want in an amp.

Alright, I got a chance to actually play through it tonight, and I have just three words: Oh Em Gee! I've been playing through amp modelers (as opposed to real amps) for a long time, and this thing is definitely in a league of its own. The tone, the response, and the overall feel is completely "real" without the artificial-ness that I'd learned to ignore. And I only messed around with it for about an hour. I only made it through the first 100 presets and haven't even begun setting up any of my own. The next couple of weeks will be a lot of learning and knob-tweaking to get everything programmed for the songs we play in the band.

I can't wait until the first gig...this is gonna be fun. :D