Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 12/12/2014 Edition

It's Friday! 12/12/2014 Edition

Has been a long week, looking forward to the weekend here. Tonight we don't have a lot planned, but tomorrow our grandson starts overnight visitations with his dad, so finally have a Saturday off. We've got some breakfast and xmas shopping planned, then have my company's xmas party. Sunday I'm planning to finish up some xmas decorating, maybe brew some more red ale and keg some sparkling water. Hope to get a little more shop time too.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

My usual Saturday event tomorrow... Holiday Market... the weather is supposed to start off at 28 deg, warming up to about 51 mid afternoon, then back down when it gets dark. Sunday just kick back, hopefully count the money and watch football.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Get to visit my bud tomorrow and dream of what I will build when the doc releases me

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Get to visit my bud tomorrow...

Bud? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bud.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	87844 or Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Larry.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	87845 ?
    Last edited by Bill Satko; 12-12-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Gotta go pick out a tree, a painful annual ritual. The missus likes to hit every tree sale lot within a fifty mile radius and look at each and every tree as I turn it to various angles (OK, that's an exaggeration. We only did that once, a couple of years ago.) Finally, we will return to the guys just down the road that we buy from every year and choose one of the two 14' trees they have set aside for us. They will deliver it to our back deck and then the real fun begins.

another boring weekend. an hour worth of wiping on finish, then nothing else planned besides dinner Saturday evening with friends.
    thought Id be the truck driver this weekend as my daughter had planned on moving Saturday and sunday.
    Human Test Dummy

Movie night at home tonight...Christmas Vacation of course. Tomorrow morning we are going for a hike in the woods at a preserve close to town. Heading tot he woodturners group meeting in the afternoon with my dad and the other 40 or so members. Not sure what the demo is about, but the member doing it has always taught me something new and funny at the same time in the past. Saturday night with the warmer weather I think a fire outside is in order with smores for the girl and a hot toddy of some kind for me and the Mrs. Sunday is Packer football and chili and shop time after the game too as I have a few sold cutting boards to finish up.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Yes
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Time for a sharpening session. Got over a dozen planes to sharpen, and a whole bunch of chisels. Probably take most of an afternoon at the Tormek.

One advantage of having a lot of planes - when you're working a project, and a plane dulls, I just set it aside and pick up another one. Eventually, they all get dull, though...

Also, gotta bring the Christmas tree in from the barn, and set it up in the living room to 'acclimate.' After it sits, and shakes out for a couple days, the wife will attack trimming it.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!