Shift work

I'd have added this update to my original thread, but looks like my photos have been deleted either due to my fault or Image shacks{more than likely me :doh:}.

Anyways, I've been working on building a new bench, and during one of the many 'scratch my head' moments, I figured I move an item or two around while things were in a holding pattern.

Here's the base of new bench{with a 1/2" piece of mdf laying on top so I could get a feel of the size and what-not. The metal based bench against the wall is what I've been using for who knows how long. It belonged to my Dad and I can't seem to part with it... In case no one notices, I took 7 partial gallons of left over latex paint and mixed them together to give me that nice pea soup look lol. I also raised that white metal cabinet up another 8 inches or so, which now almost requires a step-stool to reach items on the top shelf, but eliminated the closed in feeling under it...
DSCF0169.jpeg

The band saw has been moved over to this side as well, with just enough spacing to allow me to use the old homemade vise if need-be...
DSCF0170.jpeg

I guess there's really no need for a verbal/written walk thru of each photo, here's the rest of the layout...
DSCF0171.jpeg DSCF0172.jpeg

DSCF0173.jpeg DSCF0174.jpeg

Here's where I ponder lifes little mysteries...:D
DSCF0176.jpeg

But the shot that makes me most happy is this one...
DSCF0177.jpeg Ooooh give me a home, where the buffalo...:D I haven't had this much open space since the day the shop was built.

The OSB in the background of that last photo, hides the X-mas decorations. We moved all of my wifes garage sale stuff, including those things her Mom and sister left, up into the shop attic. Next spring JoAnn's planning one more shin-dig of a sale and what doesn't sell will be donated, gave away or trashed if need be. Then all of the X-mas stuff goes up in the attic and once again, after 8 years, I'll have the whole floor footage to my disposal :bliss:

And FWIW, we all know it never ends, the wife last night, gave me the go-ahead to tear apart the old treadmill...so hopefully a new homemade sanding machine of some sort will need a cubby-hole in the coming year...

Well Ken I t looks real good but.......were i a doctor i would say you have a serious dose of Bradleyitis you been hanging around stalking Glenns posts again haven't ya. The remnants of this disease are to be seen in many quarters. There is still hope for ya though, that pile of off cut (cough scrap cough) here and there on the shelf dont look as organized as Glenns yet.

For the cure i recommend getting stuck into a new project that will sort your disease out pretty quick.

Bang on job man.:thumb:

Now think of those poor ole knees and run along to HF and get some of those neoprene puzzle interlocking mats and let that concrete know all about it. :D:wave:

Looking good Ken. I am always surprised that I can find still more room or a lightly better layout here and there when I tinker with the shop. +1 with Rob on the mats for the floor. I just had 2 or 3 pieces connected in a row at the "stations" where I stand for longer periods; tablesaw, bench and drill press. If you want to go that way, the stuff Sam's sells seems to be thicker and less expensive than most. I've had it on the floors going on 10 years and it is still going strong.

Thanks guys!

Jim, it sure would be nice if photoshop is all it would take :D
And they are on the list Rob & Glenn, thanks for the link as well :thumb:

@ Vaughn. I'm Mr. Evil and I talked him into moving everything, now he'll complain he can't find anything and I shall smile :rofl: