Viewers choice

Jim Burr

I'm doing a bunch of mills for a commercial client. Have a nice cherry blank with a cool design opportunity. Can fill it with turquoise or red coral. What say the collective?

Last edited:
I'm doing a bunch of mills for a commercial client. Have a nice cherry blank with a cool design opportunity. Can fill it with turquoise or red coral. What say the collective?[/QUOTE]
Forgot the pic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418753011978.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418753011978.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 53
Black epoxy. ;)

Personal preference, but I think turquoise or coral would make it look hokey. (I know a lot of folks would strongly disagree with me on that, though.)

Black epoxy. ;)

Personal preference, but I think turquoise or coral would make it look hokey. (I know a lot of folks would strongly disagree with me on that, though.)

I agree with Vaughn. :eek:

The epoxy will blend right in, and give a natural appearance. The coral or turquoise would look a bit garish to me.

Actually, you wouldn't even have to dye the epoxy. The dark occlusion in the cherry would provide the dark appearance for the epoxy.

Black epoxy. ;)

I agree with Vaughn. :eek:

The epoxy will blend right in, and give a natural appearance. The coral or turquoise would look a bit garish to me.

Actually, you wouldn't even have to dye the epoxy. The dark occlusion in the cherry would provide the dark appearance for the epoxy.

I agree...although adding pepper like Ed Thomas suggested sounds kinda cool too! :)

If they were going to the eastern part of the US I'd say red. We don't much like the the turquoise look. Except for the weird guy ( we call him "hopalong":crazy:)who lives in the town next door that wears a cowboy hat and boots and has a pick up truck with cow horns on the hood, But you western folk seem to put it on, in, and around everything :D:chair:

If they were going to the eastern part of the US I'd say red. We don't much like the the turquoise look. Except for the weird guy ( we call him "hopalong":crazy:)who lives in the town next door that wears a cowboy hat and boots and has a pick up truck with cow horns on the hood, But you western folk seem to put it on, in, and around everything :D:chair:

Even our lobstahs are turquoise!

4460842655_6bb9e3c79e_z.jpg

Ok...here's what I came up with. Mustard seeds and a combo of CA and clear epoxy. Thanks everyone...great ideas....except for the lobster ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418773423577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418773423577.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 29
Nice work bud!! I have a good bag of brass key grindings, but given the kitchen nature of this one...it seemed to fit. Good to hear from ya too!