Best place to buy Bessey Clamps?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a good deal?

Looking to pickup a few k-body revos, and some of the f style clutch clamps.

My wood craft knockoffs just aren't cutting it, my Jorgy parallels I like but they are pretty heavy, and the rest of the mish mash isn't worth mentioning.

Thought I might pick up a decent set.

In looking around, it almost looks to me like the Revo's are pretty close in price no matter where you go. Maybe a price watch on Amazon or such might get you something. I did snag some F clamps at Lowes a few months back when they were clearing them out for their own brand; you might check them and see if they still have any left around you.

The Revo's at 5.5 pound for a 24" clamp are a bit heavier than the older k-body and a bit lighter than the Jet, Jorgie and Stanleys but, not much. I only find good discounts on these here and there as opposed to a 'usual' supplier at a good rate. Like most missed opportunities I curse myself for not buying evert Cabinet Master Home Depot had when they were clearing them out to move to those funky Irwin parallel clamps.

A parallel clamp isn't much good if the jaws don't line up so I have passed on the other knock-offs with the exception of the Groz clamps from Woodcraft. They too are a poor imitation but, the price was low and I needed a few more long clamps and so went with some. They have been serviceable if a bit rough to adjust; I wouldn't go back for more.

You may want to look at the Revo Jr's if weight is a consideration (as it is for me). I have a bunch of the UniKlamps but, these are probably at their limit with drawer boxes and small cabinetry. I do find I use them more than any of my f-style clamps for those purposes. I have not tried the Revo's or the Jr's simply due to the reduction in quality without a reduction in price ;-( Another area where it is getting hard to get a quality item no matter what you are willing to pay (sorry for the grouchy attitude; it just gets to me sometimes).

Brent, there is a tool company by the name of Federated tool in London Ontario that has a December special on the go on the Gros Stabil clamps that will get you excellent clamps like Besseys in fact Bessey was the company that bought them out.

31S2BARFCYL.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/

hit the "click here" link for the December flyer and you will see the clamp deal of buy 3 get 1 free.

12” - $30.00 each 24” - $34.00 each
32” - $36.00 each 40” - $38.00 each

Thats our dollar

Your price would be
12" USD $25.86 24" $ 29.31 32" $31 40" $32.75

Now consider

Buy 3 get one free and the price averages out at

$19.40 per 12" and you can do the math on the rest...:D

Just for the record i dont get commission of have association with this company, I am just for a change selling some Canadian product to you US guys . :rofl: Its about time we reversed some of the cross border shopping, that i am guilty of myself. :eek:

Now ordinarily i would not have suggested this to you due to shipping cost. BUT......your dollar at the moment would get you about 16% better price advantage which should translate into covering the shipping cost and you still then end up in a deal on really good clamps.

You cannot find Besseys anywhere near that price apart from the Jet thanksgiving deal these parallel clamps go at twice this price normally.

Have no idea what shipping would cost you while we have brown as a service but these guys are not super online savvy so i think you may end up having to consider getting someone local like Art to become a go between for you.

For what its worth i dealt with a guy there by the name of Wayne pretty helpful and the clamps are in boxes of 4 already hence the deal. They have had these for some years. They purchased all of the stock that was left when Gros Stabil was sold. Note no 18" stock left.

I would offer to help buy and ship but i am 2.5 hours from the store so no use to you.

Thanks Guys!

I did snag a few of those clutch clamps from Home depot, which is what actually got me to thinking about this whole thing.

I have some of the Gros Stabil clamps and a few Bessey K-bodies. The only time the Bessys come off the rack is when all of the Gros Stabils are in use. ;) I simply like every aspect of the Gros Stabils better. The only way Bessey could compete was to buy the company. :rolleyes:

Wow posted that before I seen their prices

Yeah, I saw that. Unless I'm missing something, their prices seemed about double what I was expecting?

I have some of the Gros Stabil clamps and a few Bessey K-bodies. The only time the Bessys come off the rack is when all of the Gros Stabils are in use. ;) I simply like every aspect of the Gros Stabils better. The only way Bessey could compete was to buy the company. :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl: