Great News

Ned Bulken

Hi folks,
been a busy month, between the kickstart, family goings on and what not. I stopped in to visit a former co-worker at Swift Transportation one late night. He wanted a cutting board for his wife, and I had one already made. He made a chance comment that they were looking for an ECT person, ( ECT is Extended Coverage Team, ie, night/weekend dispatcher &/or planner) and that I should come in and talk with the terminal manager. I slept on it for a day, spoke with Lori about it, and applied the next day. I interviewed that week, and followed up this past week, but no decision had been made.

Today ,I got the call from my old boss, that they'd decided to bring me back aboard. Could I start on the 29th? I thanked him for the job, and said, sure thing! I have to put in my three week notice at the courier job, but as it works right now, that means I'll only have one week where I will be doing both jobs with a conflict, and I can probably swap out hours with my route partner on the courier side of things, or find coverage for the one or two nights I'll have left.

I'll eventually be working Weekend days, plus Monday and Tuesday afternoon/evenings and every other Wednesday, or 4.5 days/week on average. Pay is about what I've been busting my butt to make, but also includes full health coverage (which I didn't have through the courier job), or a big win/win on that front.

See you on the boards, i'm grabbing a quick nap between runs today, and will be working all weekend before I zip off to VA to see my parents on Monday.

Thanks everyone,
it will be a a big change, not sure about he 'regular hours' bit... I like the bit of chaos that my life has been, for the freedom to do what I want when I want. The benefits alone make this a worthwhile move of course.
Plus it will be like going home, so to speak.