it's not new but

Jeepers, Glenn didn't mention the Craftsman drillpress that he has. It was my father's. It predates your drillpress---The style is older than yours. Anyway, it still operates perfectly even though it was used a lot. So it went from Glenn's grandfather to his father to Glenn. It has never required any repairs or parts (except belts).

The Sear's table saw from the same era also functioned in the same way. Unfortunately we junked it; that was a crime. We could not find anybody who would take it when the SawStop entered the picture.

On the other hand, I sure like some of the bells and whistles that are on the new tools.

Enjoy,
JimB

I love the look of tools from that era too Vaughn. They just look fast! A guy I know has a bench top DP from around then maybe early 60s. Said you better clamp anything your drilling down because it would twist your arm off. He had a newer DP and said it didn't have half the torque the older one had.

John I learned the hard way and almost lost a finger when a piece turning in my hand. I'm ordering clamps. It's got torque !

Last edited:
John plus I put her on wheels. I've been pulling her knobs every day. I have a hard time deciding what to play with , the lathe of press. With the pres I hollow out, shape and edge the scratch calls and the lathe pot calls and strikers.

Gorgeous machine.

One thing I really like about those is the depth of the headstock which imho makes the quill more stable.

Also has a pretty nifty paint job there :thumb: