FWW Benefit Auction - Trend Airsheild Pro (lightly used)

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
Up for silent auction one lightly used Trend Airshield Pro (2011 model) with extra battery and 10 pack of extra face shield covers (not actually face shields just peal on/off covers to keep it clean).

How: PM me your bid, once or twice daily I'll post the new high bid and then you can all re-bid again. Once we reach the terminal date (Jan 5th 12:00 noon PST or there abouts) the auction is over and winner will be notified via PM (winner can be anonymous or not as they choose). The winner pays out via the "Donate" link and once Vaughn confirms the monies are received I'll ship you your new-to-you airshield within two or three days. The money stays for the support of FWW. This also means that shipping will be the cheapest (and thus probably slowest) way I ship it so the winner may need some patience there.

What: As described above I have a lightly used trend airshield pro with ear protection, extra battery and 10 pack of face shield protectors. Complete (*) and turned on and made air when I just charged it and tried it. No other warranties are given or implied. *There is one missing piece where a knob on the side to lock the face shield in place went missing, I replaced it with a washer and wing nut from home depot so its perfectly functional but not quite as attractive as the stock configuration (see below for picture). There is also some dust on it :rolleyes: I'll wipe it off as best I can before shipping but.. there'll be some dust on it.
I originally bought it from here: http://woodworker.com/fullpres.asp?PARTNUM=158-687&CARTID=201412238053902085--1
158-687 Airshield Pro With Ear Defenders - $399 (was $360 when I bought it)
155-036 Battery (8-hr), Air/pro - $73 (was $66.99 when I bought it)
154-712 Clear Overlay Visor For Airshield Pro - 34.99 (no idea)

So total of about $500 of stuff if you bought it all new. This was all bought in 2011 so take that into account re-battery quality, etc..

Why: I've had the airshield since 2011 and have personally never liked it all that much as it makes my neck sore from the top heavy weight after 4-5 hours of use so have moved on to other solutions. All in all its had maybe 20 hours of use. Other folks seem to love it so hopefully you'll be one of those! I was hanging up my new clamps the other day and looked at it and said to myself "self you haven't used that darn thing in a year it should go to a new home", this was followed by a short conversation with Vaughn to lay out the rules here and welp here we are.

All the loot you'll get if you buy this.
IMG_3476.jpg

Montage of the replacement part and the OEM part on the side of the face shield.
IMG_3480.jpg

Bonus picture of a tomb in peru that was on the camera right before this just because its a cool picture.
IMG_3409.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 29
No bids yet!! Could be your lucky day :D

I did get one question about how well this fits various sized noggins. If anyone has experience with this on smaller heads can you please chime in and let us know how it worked out for you.

Regarding fitting different sizes of heads, if it's like the original Trend Airshield (which I use), it will have a wide range of sizes that it can fit, and it's an infinite adjustment...just put it on and either tighten or loosen the knob at the back of the headband. Easy to make as tight or loose of fit as you want.